Need Help Please with Light Mapping

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Need Help Please with Light Mapping

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:14 pm

So got 3ds max working and all the plug-ins as well. Managed to export the lightmaps. Having issues with the Lightmap tools. No tutorial on how to use them, managed to convert the files into proper mapped folders.
Can't manage to export obj model file lists onto the .lit files. I have them all on a .txt file but don't have the Lit Editor that Fox recommend to enter them manually. So if you know Fox from Revo and other Rose Projects or anyone that knows HOW to merge the Obj. Lightmap .dds images and add the obj directory to the .lit and .dat list files please Reply or Message Need HELP! So close to mastering the map editing that I can smell and taste making my own maps! If anyone knows the last step to this Light Mapping process please Reply or message me! Thanks! Some totally unnecessary image posting follows :*: Sorry for size...to lazy to resize them and upload them again :roll: :*:

THE LIGHT MAP TOOLS AND THE FILES I WAS ABLE TO GENERATE.

LOOKING FOR THIS GUY! IF YOU KNOW HIM COULD YOU ASK HIM ABOUT THIS PLEASE!! :!:

*Ohh and on a sidenote if someone walks me thru this final step, or when I figure it out. I will upload needed tools and make an updated tutorial for map creation.*
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Re: Need Help Please with Light Mapping

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:58 pm

No one knows where he is now. He left ROSE a long time ago and even if you did find him, he WILL refuse to help you. Also the revo team won't help you either as a good portion of the stuff worked on was leaked at one point and it was believed that he was the source of it but we were unsure of it (also he was the only one who knew how to do light maps correctly)

EDIT: Actually he sends me messages every once in a while to BS and stuff. He's a funny guy.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Re: Need Help Please with Light Mapping

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:26 am

Hey thanks for the reply Raven...I figured out most of the obj merging...getting an xp set up soon, half the files I'm exporting aren't working.
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Return to Client Editing Question Zone