Fixing the ZSC editor v2.02

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Fixing the ZSC editor v2.02

Postby slownick on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Hey everyone, a few years back I posted on here about the ZSC effect locations, and how I couldn't fix the problem. Well, I'm working for a few private servers now, and having this program to work would greatly improve time management...

After a lot of trial and error, a good coder friend of mine, found out that a shader hasn't been implemented in the ZSC editor (to be exact: C:\\MyData\\Visual Studio 2008\\Projects\\RoseWorkshop\\WSCommons\\Rose3D\\Shaders\\vs.fx). Probably a file on one of the developers' computer haha :)

He edited the .dll for me in such a way that i need to have the shader in my c:\Temp folder. But offcourse I lack the shader. Tried downloading DX9c vertex shaders(which i presume means the vs.fx file) and get the program to work, but no avail. The errorcode is gone when I use a compatible shader though.

The renderwindow stays white... for now.

If there is anyone here willing to help out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
slownick
Little soul
Little soul

Re: Fixing the ZSC editor v2.02

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:49 pm

I did this, but i think it the zsc editor version 2.00. I don't know if anyone got 2.02 ever working...follow this guys instruction and the render window will render model image, but that's about it I think

Muddmann wrote:After doing ALOT of research about the errors we get when trying to use this editor, I believe this will help.

I have been able to successfully get the 2.00 beta version of the zsc editor to work with the preview windows that works.

This is what I did.

Open up command prompt and type this command
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Ldr64.exe SetWow
Now you should be able to run apps that use only the .NET 32 bit CLR.
To revert back to the default 64 bit framework run
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Ldr64.exe Set64

I still cant get the latest version 2.02 to work correctly, as it gives errors before the program even starts.

Hope this helps!!!
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Re: Fixing the ZSC editor v2.02

Postby slownick on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:11 am

Thanks animal, already knew this, and have gotten version 2.00 to work here too, but the main difference between 2.00 and 2.02 is that you are supposed to see the gem effect location in version 2.02.

It would be great to have it to work, otherwise, it's more trial and error to get the effect in the right location. And when you are trying to add a bunch of weapons/shields at once, that's not something you want to do by trial and error :p

I'm sure there are people on this forum who can and are willing to help. For this effort to be completed, I'm posting my friends solution:

http://users.telenet.be/slownick/ZSCEditv2.02aBeta.rar

It has a reworked .dll, and to get it to work, place vs.fx shader in your c:\Temp folder... I've tried using multiple shaders, none worked thusfar (you can download shaders from the web, just rename them, and see if the program works, or compile your own)
slownick
Little soul
Little soul

Return to Client Editing Question Zone