[Tutorial] Adding an item to an NPC sell list

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Re: [Tutorial] Adding an item to an NPC sell list

Postby H1E1 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Yeah i have tried /mystat but it ONLY calculates correctly with items that are originally in the game, even buffs have an effect on it. But when i use my ring, it doesnt make a diff at all in the mystat calculation.

Yes i believe i did put the stb's n stl's in both my client and server(im not 100%, but i dont think i would be able to see my ring, if i diddnt put both in the first place, il double check once i get home later), but just to make sure, im using the client from this guide. I have no idea which version it is, but its not rev 80
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2189
(im not using gameguard btw, since im using ver 2.43 of the client

I was just thinking, that if it didnt work for my created ring, maybe itl work if i edited an existing one, if not, then maybe just make wings with editted speed
H1E1
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:29 pm

The visibility of the ring would only be affected by client side STB.
Server would see it as an empty space with no stats but would not otherwise have a problem if you did not put the STB in your server.
The fact that /mystat mspd is giving the same value whether you equip the ring or not would tend to suggest that you don't have the ring in your server.
Does your move speed at the client change when you equip the ring?
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby H1E1 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:35 pm

wait um let me get this straight.. my client side is my actuall triggersoft/rose folder right?
and server is my server, eg rev dev folder

when i equip the ring, and press ctrl+A to view my stats, my mspeed increases to 1520,
BUT when i do /mystat mspd its actually only 520
when i use my buff, in ctrl+A, its 2520 but in /mystat mspd its 1520

if putting it into client side, that means replacing the original stb using VFS edittor right?
and putting it in my server, thru 3DDATA/STB/ replacing list_jewel.stb, i believe ive done those

just to make sure u fully understand my question, I actually move really fast with the ring on, BUt everyone else in my server only sees me running at normal speed. And npc's dont load right away cuz im too fast
H1E1
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 pm

yes client side means putting it into the VFS. That has obviously worked ok since the ctrl-A screen shows the correct movement speed and you get the actual high movement rate in game.

Obviously your server (yes dev rev) is not calculating it correctly though, in fact it seems to be totally ignoring the extra 1000.
Other players on your server are seeing the same value as the server so they don't see you moving fast and the NPCs are loading when you arrive in their area at server speed not client speed. that is going to be quite a long time after you see yourself arrive.

So there are two possibilities here.
1) You don't have your modified LIST_JEWEL.STB correctly in your server
2) The server is not calculating your movement speed correctly and for some bizarre reason it is completely ignoring your modified ring.
3) You forgot to restart your server after modifying the STB and putting it in the server (don't laugh. Stranger things have happened ;) )

I've checked the code and i can't see any reason why it should be calculating it wrong. It could be but my guess is that somehow you have the wrong STB in your server's binary/3ddata/stb/ folder
Try opening the version of LIST_JEWEL.STB that you have in there with an STB editor to see if your item is actually there.
If not then i will write you a bit of debug code to add to your server to try and figure out what's going on.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby H1E1 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:16 am

Well ive gotten home and i checked my server --> server/binary/3DDATA/STB

and i do have the editted stb file in there, so now im confused :S

the only folders i have in there are AI, QUESTDATA, STB is that okay?
H1E1
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby H1E1 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:54 am

ive tried everything, and i have the list_jewel.stb in both my client and server(binary/3DDATA/STB)

but this still doesnt work. Ive tried editting another item, changin its mspeed, but still, the /mystat command shows me a lower mspeed

maybe its because im using a diff stb item editor? would that even make a difference,

when i click edit item, i can find my ring and change its stats
H1E1
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby H1E1 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:40 am

maybe i shud just delete my server and redownload it. i think i screwed it up but putting csv's and slqs >.<
H1E1
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:07 pm

H1E1 wrote:maybe i shud just delete my server and redownload it. i think i screwed it up but putting csv's and slqs >.<

What CSVs??? We don't use CSVs any more. the only server that does is rev 80 and if you are using that then it's pointless putting STBs into the server because it doesn't read them.

You could try rebuilding your server from the SVN.
You are using the dev rev right?
You must be or else you wouldn't even have the /mystat command. Either that or one of the other newer versions of osirose or osprose.

have you tried any other values for the ring? the movespeed value is stored as an unsigned integer so it should be able to hold values over 1000 but it's possible that something in the calculations is overflowing a variable somewhere with such large values.
Try setting it to 100 and see if that works

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby H1E1 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks so much for the help purple, but ive actually figured out the problem last night

so i was looking around at the other stbs, n i decided to check the value for moving speed, for examble in list_jemitems.stb , the enchanted sagittarius stone (gives 50 extra mspeed) and i noticed that its value for mpseed was 23.... but in ring, its value for mspeed was 52.. so i was kinda confused

so i tried doing 'edit item' and do the mspeed edit again for stat 1, the id for stat 1 i got was 52,

i did the same for the sagittarius stone, n its mspeed value for stat 1 became 52, instead of 23

when i tried them both in-game, both the stone n ring didnt affect the /mystat mspd value

so then in conclusion, i decided not to use the item editor in my stb editor, but to just change the value for stat1 to '23' ... n there u go. In game it worked perfectly, everything calculated right, and nothing had to load :)

i think it has sumthin to do with my stb editor (3.4 im not using the one in the guide btw since it was 3.1) OR the stb files i have considering im using a much later version of evo rose

but thats again so much for the help :) appreciate it
H1E1
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Calder on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:53 pm

What STB editor are you using that lets you change stats like that?

For the record 52 is moving speed as is 23, I forget why there are two of each stat but the higher numbered ones have issues like being able to be stacked. I am sure someone will tell you why there are two.

Generally though it's safe to go with the first of each so while 54 is Max HP it's advisable to use the38 Max HP instead. Btw, if you were unsure all these numbers come from the STR_ABILITY.STL
Calder
Clown
Clown

PreviousNext

Return to Client Editing Question Zone