TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Whatever you want to talk :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
You can talk about just whatever you want here.

TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Postby wafeeqah on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:50 am

i am wiling to learn sr. please guide me. thank you
wafeeqah
Little soul
Little soul

Re: TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Start by choosing the type of rose that you like best. Irose, pre-evolution, evolution (the newer version)
We have servers that work with all 3 although the irose version probably needs some work before it's really bug free.

Once you have selected your type then follow one of the tutorials to get the necessary files and to set it all up.

the repositories are as follows

OsIrose --> The original rose from before 2005. Not actually sure where this can be found any more. The original SVN seems to be dead now. maybe somebody knows of a repo that works still. If not and this is the way you want to go just let me know and i can create a new git repo with the source that I have lying around.

Pre-evo --> The rose that was used after irose shut down and the franchise was sold to various official servers around the world. The only real version of this now is the one that I once ran as KTRose. You can get the client and server here

Evolution --> Where to start? there are so many versions of this that it's mind boggling. Most don't work properly. In short, you can't just grab the latest client from NARose because it simply won't work with our servers. Here are a couple of options for you
Probably the most stable I have worked with is This one
There is also a version of evo which actually uses the client source code. It's buggy and difficult to get to compile but if you are good with C++ you can try it out as Project 137. It's based on client version 137 which is kind of old. on the other hand though, this client can be and has been modified quite a bit. As i said it's difficult to work with though so probably not best for a beginner.

Out of all teh choices the most stable are KTRose pre-evo and my "rev whatever" (the first evo link)

Pretty much any of the tutorials will work for any of the servers other than project 137. Just make sure to substitute in the correct url to the repositories when setting up your SVN or GIT repositories.

Finally ask questions and I or somebody else will answer you (hopefully)
What we don't want to do is hold your hand the whole way. You need to put in a little effort to learn it all just to show good faith ;)

Happy roseing

PY
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to Whatever