osRose ospRose osiRose | iRose vs. Evo

Whatever you want to talk :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
You can talk about just whatever you want here.

osRose ospRose osiRose | iRose vs. Evo

Postby DanSpd on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:09 am

What server files have less bugs/errors/problem?
Also which is better Evo ir Irose? Which is more stable?

I am just pissed of because of osRose 81.360 being so buggy, but I donow about other server files and clients.
DanSpd
Pomic
Pomic

Re: osRose ospRose osiRose | iRose vs. Evo

Postby Mike567 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:23 am

osrose or osprose,
Mike567
Antares
Antares

Postby Sethanye on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 am

code your own server files?
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby rl2171 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 am

DanSpd wrote:What server files have less bugs/errors/problem?
Also which is better Evo ir Irose? Which is more stable?

I am just pissed of because of osRose 81.360 being so buggy, but I donow about other server files and clients.

So buggy? First, why give normal users GM access?

Tell us how much you actually test something yourself?

osRose has come along way since I first started in this project, if you took the original version of it compared to now, alot back then was not working.

I am not to say something isnt bugged, but that is why you file a detailed bug report. That will go for any sodtware package out there. You cant just go on here and say Users say this or that doesnt work, give us more details.

Check the logs, if one of us gives you a possible fix with code, insert the code, compile it and test it, again giving us details. If successful, great, if not, the more we know about a problem, the better we can work through getting it resolved.
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby DanSpd on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:10 am

I do not know much about Rose. I just had a lot of complains from players to switch to iRose rev80 since it is stable. I believe there were like 20 players asking for that.

Then other saying that osRose is bugged, switch to coRose (can't remember the name since post was on my old forum which is deleted)

I am not blaming, I am just trying to figure out with witch distribution people try to stay.

About GM commands for players:
Players were complaining that other servers have command to change class without quest (again, i haven't played on other servers, so i do not know about them). SO I added command to players.
Maybe I can change some commands and then give to players.
DanSpd
Pomic
Pomic

Postby rl2171 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:22 am

Switch to which ever server you want.

I do highly recommend you learn about rose, how to play it, what people have to do, etc. This way you have a better understanding on how and what to do.

For users to just jump past the quests for job changes, thinking that they can change things, then have all their skillpoints back shows you dont understand the server, which is too bad.

Like lmame said, the allskills command will give all possible skillpoints, but most of the commands are for the GM's only, not the users. User can (not always) abuse it and if they are not taught how to use them properly, then things like what is happening with your server will happen, mass-confusion.

Log onto one of the commercial servers, learn to play it if you are going to run one.

In case you might ask, I have played since the old days of iRose, Pre-EVO and now EVO and still am playing Rose, so I do understand my server quite well. I do mess up at times, but I am only human :?

I dont run a public server, only something for me and some friends when we want to take a look at new items, maps, etc to see if we want to use them or not.
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby ICON on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:08 am

And the fact Rob is very skilled in Rose Thus why hes a Gm at Revo ..... Rob, cats out the bag lol

Anyways a person who opens a sever yet knows nothing about the game or how to run a fucking server is the type of people/Servers that ruin it for the people who bust there asses everyday multi hours to make a good server. People like you discuses me. You have little posts here and already ask which files are done for me, I'm to fucking lazy to learn how to fix bugs or even make my own server for that fact. I think I'll just ruin the game and let the players have everything till they get bored of the game and hate it.

Please do me a favor please find a dark hole and die!!! Kthx btw closes your server...

Sorry if i offended anyone he mite be a great guy but his comments just rub me the wrong way.
Move along move along like i know you Should.

New games in the making....
ICON
Clown
Clown

Postby lmame on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:36 am

DanSpd wrote:I do not know much about Rose. I just had a lot of complains from players to switch to iRose rev80 since it is stable. I believe there were like 20 players asking for that.

Go back to rev 80 then or switch to another project.
Still it's easy to be "pissed off" when you don't report bugs to the developers or just coming and saying "players complain" without any details.

DanSpd wrote:Then other saying that osRose is bugged, switch to coRose (can't remember the name since post was on my old forum which is deleted)

coRose. Seems fair to me (never heard this project).

I saw that your admin lists the bugs he finds problematic:
For admins Eyes or players with Server clients knowledge

If you know something about setting up a rose server, you'll know there is different version of server files that can be used, like rev80, rev81 and so on.

My experience with rev81 has been bad, with unfixible bugs(unless you expert in C++), like damage bug, stat bugs, Weird zombie bugs, Hp bug and the list goes on, Sure its much easier to setup the the dev revs (81-360) like the current Nova Rose, but I find it way more buggy.

IF you fix the Zulie drops from rev 80, add all the newer content from the client ver 243 to the client 139 that works with rev80, you would end up having a server almost identical to rev81, without all those bugs. Only thing is you wont have Oblivian temple by defualt, but adding maps is not a big deal. And you will have classic Evo skills, works the same just minor differences, I find that the rev80 works like magic, and you'll have way less critical bugs you find all over rev81. I haven't seen a rose rev 81 server with these bugs fully squashed. HYbrid is the way to go if whoever is editing the server don't mind the tiny little extra work(pretty easy).

Well if you choose rev 80 you'll "loose" everything added in dev rev but it's your choice (qsd / aip / union wars...).
I find easy to complain without telling the devs what the bugs are, you just don't run and install Windows or something but an open source software and a DEV REV.

DanSpd wrote:I am not blaming, I am just trying to figure out with witch distribution people try to stay.

There is no magic revision. Any revision has its bugs.

DanSpd wrote:About GM commands for players:
Players were complaining that other servers have command to change class without quest (again, i haven't played on other servers, so i do not know about them). SO I added command to players.
Maybe I can change some commands and then give to players.

Players ask, players get right? What's the point in having tons of quests, monsters, to get experience when you give me those gm commands?
I mean, give them the exp, zuly, level, class, items, class and gotomap and you'll be sure you'll just ruin the gameplay.
If you let people go where they want and do what they want not respecting the story a minimum you'll just run some kind of crappy beta server where they'll see everything in less than a week.
You got to keep a balance between users lazyness and actual gameplay.
Now, I won't be surprised if you had a "very" high rate server (like 5000x) :)

Edit:
Just found your site, it seems I was riiiight on the spot :D
5000x exp, gotomap, class, goto, reborn gm commands available to players...

I just went to your forum too.

Like rl2171 thought, you didn't really play Rose so you don't know how the games work and how "rich" it can be:
Honestly, I didn't play Rose Online except for like 1 hr on official server, so I do not know all concepts of game.
I thought about making something unique, not a map, or item, some unique thing. Something that was refused by other server administrators. It can be something like "Let players start with 1000 stats points.", but of course it should be mature.
So, I leave server up to you guys. You say or suggest -> I attempt to make it work.
Also it can be about game server, forums, web-site, etc.

You admit it and it's ok, but this is also a weakness when you just give players what they want without restraining them.

One of your players complained that:
/job still works
/class do not work
and when reborn skills are wiped.
please fix.
thanks much.

Wooow :) Yeah indeed, it's NOT a bug since it's how it's supposed to work since you can't mix up other class skills (already explained that in your other thread).
Perhaps your player was playing rev 80 where this bug was there, but it was a BUG, not a feature :D

Let me sum up some suggestions that came up from your players:
- Refine easy 70% + all
2- Max Stats 9999
3-Increase The Drop
this is my suggestion for a good rose

1. Add special location with easy killing, high exp gaining mobsters.
2. Add money farm location.
3. Make the ingame shop for zulies. I mean like any rare items. Like fashion clothes or smthing else. (Couse really, we have so much of zulies and there is nothing to spend them to.)
4. Add more GMs. Experienced, kind and smart! (with great knowledge of english)
5. Change party gap to 50-100 lvl. For helping newbies!
6. Add 2nd job command.
7. Shrink the list of teleport locations. Like 20 or lower.
8. Make teleport command more easier. (/go)
9. MORE EVENTS!!!
That's all for now.
P.S. Almost forgot, add the cart driving skill in the basic. I mean, doing the quest for cart on high rate server... It's stupid. LOL

1. Add special location with easy killing, high exp gaining mobsters.(Not really a good idea since players will get bored fast, though Keras in Lions plains will help lvl to 250 easier, this has been suggested before)
5. Change party gap to 50-100 lvl. For helping newbies! (Useful and I agree with like 50 lvl gap)
6. Add 2nd job command. (Firstjob quest is easy but it takes more then a day or two to get the second one, though it does make server more challenging, people still get annoyed fast)
8. Make teleport command more easier. (/go) (/gotomap isn't that much harder lol XD)
What are the max stats anyway? I wouldn't make it more then 3k or so cause I think it gets bugged after that. if it doesn't then higher is better i guess? XD
and increasing the drop rates to like 1k wouldn't be bad.

I prefer not to comment :)
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Sethanye on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm

id say just add a /god command which makes them have 9999 stats, 2bil zulie, all skills for all jobs, all gm skills, all m skills set them in an area full of keras wtih x100 stats and one shop that sells everything. and wola, perfect server

or even better let them use /stat command with negative numbers, cos -10 str and dex can give some pretty fun results
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby lmame on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Wow don't give them bad ideas like that :D
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Next