Jrose Prefered Server

Whatever you want to talk :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
You can talk about just whatever you want here.

Jrose Prefered Server

Postby Aokiji on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi Guys what server must i use if i want to setup a jrose server?
Aokiji
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Jrose Prefered Server

Postby Choseal on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm

There is no server for jRose at the moment, maybe someday, lol.

If you want to use the jRose client I guess you need to edit (alot of) an existing server..Which one? -don't ask me. =P
Choseal
Electric Ghost
Electric Ghost

Postby Aokiji on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:50 pm

can maps from jrose be added to osrose server?
Aokiji
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Choseal on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Yes, almost everyone does it, there are already a couple of tuts out in the client editing section I think. =3
Choseal
Electric Ghost
Electric Ghost

Postby Ruven on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 pm

NaROSE and JROSE use different features, it require a lot of (re)coding and log all jROSE packets.

Atm i have a jROSE account but i can't test it anymore since they blocked all my japanese proxies :x

You still can import new content from jROSE but you can't use all of their awesomes news features like myHouse, Aerobike and Cannon, Cart Race, Twin Inventory, InGame Item-Mall, etc...
Ruven
Little soul
Little soul

Postby Sethanye on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:21 pm

My Room (not house) is not in the client, its all handled server side, thus would need a lot of packet capturing to make it work since only the actual models are stored client side, everything else is handled server side, so needs to be coded from scratch, same goes for rameses dungeon. What it does is simply creates saved ifos or whatever that is stored only server side, rameses is random generated all together, meaning the dungeon is different every time, so without having the exact jrose server there is no way to really exactly replicate the two, my room is sort of possible, though itll be handled differently, as for ramesis since its random there is just your own speculation of it. And since jrose is seem to be following the trait of storing as much as possible server side without putting it in the client we can expect more and more content that will be really hard to access.

Aerobike me and maxy have it working, not hard

Cannon is not finished, it lacks one part which has either been removed or something like that because its impossible to assemble the whole cannon fully, model wise it only has 3 parts but it lacks an engine i think or wheels, some part like that and it wont show up or let you mount it

Cart Race - Have it working

Twin Inventory - Working, its not twin inventory though, its merely a way to put on fashion items on top of your armor like perfect world has it
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Ruven on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:10 pm

There is a lot of files on the client about MyRoom if my memory is no tricking me, but the main problem is the whole system right? It work the same as instance, each player have his room and i don't think arc**** or osrose server support this atm (is irose/narose client support it?).
To make it working on osrose, the server would have to open a dedicated map id when the client ask it and load all room elements from a dedicated sql table wich is stored all informations about players's room, that's right?
I thought a long time ago that Clan House was working like that but i wasn't, just a lot of clan houses on the same map and different spawns managed by qsd or con or anything else i don't know, i just don't like how it's working :lol:

I have the aerobike working too but i don't have the nice animation and the aerobike floating :D Didn't look at the cannon, i immediatly stop thinking to get it working on others client when i saw the jrose video about it xD

Cart Race: i didn't it test on the evolution client but are you using the "Time qsd opcode" from Clan Wars to get it working?

I know about the Twin inventory or "Fashion System", Wish Online too have the same feature and arc*** database is already set to get it working because values for Item Stats and Item Looks are differents, for exemple you can have a Pirate Armor equiped with the look of the Steel Resolve Chest!

HS: When you see "SERVER DEAD" on Jrose, Is it meaning your ip/proxy/hotspot is blocked?
Ruven
Little soul
Little soul

Postby lmame on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:47 pm

I have no reliable access to jRose, that's the only reason why osRose doesn't handle it ;)
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Sethanye on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 pm

well i have my own server files that work with the jrose client directly, thats why i got the aero, races and such working completly as they are suposed to. as for my room none of the servers handle it, none at all
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Maxxon on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Aokiji wrote:can maps from jrose be added to osrose server?

yes. but they mainly lack all IFO information so you would have to do mob placement and that crap manually.
an anymous comment on a program called reloader:
what if a fatal error happens, will it restart it?
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Next

Return to Whatever