TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Whatever you want to talk :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
You can talk about just whatever you want here.

TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Postby wafeeqah on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:50 am

i am wiling to learn sr. please guide me. thank you
wafeeqah
Little soul
Little soul

Re: TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Start by choosing the type of rose that you like best. Irose, pre-evolution, evolution (the newer version)
We have servers that work with all 3 although the irose version probably needs some work before it's really bug free.

Once you have selected your type then follow one of the tutorials to get the necessary files and to set it all up.

the repositories are as follows

OsIrose --> The original rose from before 2005. Not actually sure where this can be found any more. The original SVN seems to be dead now. maybe somebody knows of a repo that works still. If not and this is the way you want to go just let me know and i can create a new git repo with the source that I have lying around.

Pre-evo --> The rose that was used after irose shut down and the franchise was sold to various official servers around the world. The only real version of this now is the one that I once ran as KTRose. You can get the client and server here

Evolution --> Where to start? there are so many versions of this that it's mind boggling. Most don't work properly. In short, you can't just grab the latest client from NARose because it simply won't work with our servers. Here are a couple of options for you
Probably the most stable I have worked with is This one
There is also a version of evo which actually uses the client source code. It's buggy and difficult to get to compile but if you are good with C++ you can try it out as Project 137. It's based on client version 137 which is kind of old. on the other hand though, this client can be and has been modified quite a bit. As i said it's difficult to work with though so probably not best for a beginner.

Out of all teh choices the most stable are KTRose pre-evo and my "rev whatever" (the first evo link)

Pretty much any of the tutorials will work for any of the servers other than project 137. Just make sure to substitute in the correct url to the repositories when setting up your SVN or GIT repositories.

Finally ask questions and I or somebody else will answer you (hopefully)
What we don't want to do is hold your hand the whole way. You need to put in a little effort to learn it all just to show good faith ;)

Happy roseing

PY
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Kroneus on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Dear PurpleYouko,

I almost created a smiliar thread to this one. Glad I saw this.

The ROSE Version I am searching is an older one where you basically could put gems in offhand items too. So is it Pre-Evo or osRose, right? If so - what to do next? I found pretty many guides but which one is the correct one for me? I just wanna play alone, create some items and re-enjoy my childhood game.

You pretty much seem to be the only one around who can still answer these questions. Somehow pretty sad how fast time flies by.

Thank you for your effort.
Kroneus
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 pm

You will probably want an irose or pre-evo server then

My KTRose project is pretty much complete and nice and easy to edit since pre-evo doesn't require you to add resource files to the VFS before it can load them.
If you want a little more of a challenge and also more stuff that you could do then try project 137. It's basically an early Evo system with graphics that look quite different than normal rose stuff.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:09 am

PurpleYouko wrote:OsIrose --> The original rose from before 2005. Not actually sure where this can be found any more. The original SVN seems to be dead now. maybe somebody knows of a repo that works still. If not and this is the way you want to go just let me know and i can create a new git repo with the source that I have lying around.

The osirose-new git repo started with the original code. If you would like that code just go into the releases section and go to the start.

https://github.com/dev-osrose/osIROSE-n ... ag/v1.87.0
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Kroneus on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Raven0123 wrote:
PurpleYouko wrote:OsIrose --> The original rose from before 2005. Not actually sure where this can be found any more. The original SVN seems to be dead now. maybe somebody knows of a repo that works still. If not and this is the way you want to go just let me know and i can create a new git repo with the source that I have lying around.

The osirose-new git repo started with the original code. If you would like that code just go into the releases section and go to the start.

https://github.com/dev-osrose/osIROSE-n ... ag/v1.87.0

Thanks for your effort as well Raven.

So I downloaded and installed the client for KTRose and also see the resposity list via tortoise you linked in your thread PurpleYouko.
What will be my next step? I remember using MYSQL and/or navicat. But that's almost a decade ago.
Sorry, I really don't have much knowledge in this specific topic.

Any help is higly appreciated.
Kroneus
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 pm

we have a ton of tutorials to help you get set up. They are all pretty old but nothing has really ever changed in the setup process.
Also the setup is pretty much the same for whichever version you choose to use.

a very brief overview would be like this.
1) install some sort of web server program. You could get away with just a MYSQL but it's just as easy to do it with something like xampp which is completely free and includes web and mysql control.
2) install your database which should be included in the repo. You might have to add the tables one by one but that's pretty easy to do in any decent database manager such as PHPMyadmin (comes free with xampp). There are others such as Navicat but they usually need to be paid for.
3) install a C++ IDE and compiler. CodeBlocks is usually the one we use although with a little effort it's possible to use Visual Studio
4) compile your 3 servers from the source code. Loginserver, charserver, worldserver. Some repos actually have these already present as executables so you could skip even that step.
5) Set up your conf files (one for each server). these are used by the game servers to load in information about the database. DB name, user, password and stuff.
6) Extract all the STB, AIP and QSD files from the client and place them into the 3ddata folder of your server.
7) run your servers. Start with login, then char and finally world. If all is working well you should see login acknowledge when char starts and char should do the same when world starts. this means that all 3 are talking to each other properly.
8) start up your client using a batch file to launch it into localhost 127.0.0.1 (assuming all are on the same computer.

And that's all there is to it.
here's a guide made by Drakia for OSProse (pre-evo 112). KTRose is built on a modified 112 client and an improved prose server so the instructions will be fairly similar. Don't follow it to the letter since you already downloaded the stuff for KTRose. Just use it as a kind of road map to get the job done.

Post any questions you might have up here and i will answer them fairly quickly. I'm usually around on any week day. Not so much on weekends though.

Have fun :D
http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1715

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Kroneus on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:1) install some sort of web server program. You could get away with just a MYSQL but it's just as easy to do it with something like xampp which is completely free and includes web and mysql control. check! xampp!

2) install your database which should be included in the repo. You might have to add the tables one by one but that's pretty easy to do in any decent database manager such as PHPMyadmin (comes free with xampp). There are others such as Navicat but they usually need to be paid for.

--> I actually downloaded this (https://github.com/PurpleYouko/KTRose_Server). How do I "add" them now?

PurpleYouko wrote:3) install a C++ IDE and compiler. CodeBlocks is usually the one we use although with a little effort it's possible to use Visual Studio check!CodeBlocks installed!

4) compile your 3 servers from the source code. Loginserver, charserver, worldserver. Some repos actually have these already present as executables so you could skip even that step

--> Not 100% sure what to do at this point. In addition to point 2 I guess.
PurpleYouko wrote:5) Set up your conf files (one for each server). these are used by the game servers to load in information about the database. DB name, user, password and stuff.

6) Extract all the STB, AIP and QSD files from the client and place them into the 3ddata folder of your server.

7) run your servers. Start with login, then char and finally world. If all is working well you should see login acknowledge when char starts and char should do the same when world starts. this means that all 3 are talking to each other properly.

8) start up your client using a batch file to launch it into localhost 127.0.0.1 (assuming all are on the same computer.
Kroneus
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 pm

first I fixed your quotes a little :D

I actually downloaded this (https://github.com/PurpleYouko/KTRose_Server). How do I "add" them now?

That name is rather misleading. It's not actually the original KTRose which was designed to run the pre-evo 112-112 client
What you have here is the evo server that runs the 137 client from project 137. This is the client that we have source code for. It's a bit of an ongoing project and really isn't ready to use in a propper server yet. It runs ok and even the bugs are few now but the source is filled with debug code that slows the frame rate a LOT

if you are running the actual pre-evo type KTRose then you need the stuff that you will find here http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5871&hilit=ktrose+release

Adding a table to your database is pretty easy. the tables are all there in the server files (database folder most likely) as thistable.sql and thattable.sql (not real names obviously). just use the database manager to execute (or sometimes import) the files

Not 100% sure what to do at this point. In addition to point 2 I guess.

double click the project files (loginserver.cbp, charserver.cbp and worldserver.cbp) in your server/binary folder.
These files are codeblocks project files. Clicking one of them will open the project in CodeBlocks and load in all the necessary files. Then you just need to build them one by one using the build or compile command from the toolbar. I don't remember what it's called off top of my head since I use Visual Studios all the time and the interface is very different.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Kroneus on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

I can't even imagine how much you're facepalming all the time - really thanks for your effort.
Just downloaded the right files you were linking.

Adding a table is suggested to be made with xampp right?
That's how it looks. (Well except it won't be in german for you I guess.)
Which of the shown programs Apache / MySQL / FileZila / Mercury / Tomcat do I use to input the .sql files from the database?

And do I have to run/start all 5 programs before I do it?

I double clicked the three files you mentioned. But I am not sure what to do next.
Kroneus
Little soul
Little soul

Next

Return to Whatever