ITEM_DROP/(NEW).STB

Place your questions about osirose here

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

ITEM_DROP/(NEW).STB

Postby osrose_newb on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi All,

According to what I've been able to find by doing a Search, no Official or Pserver updates it's item_drop*.stb files, so that people like us won't be able to discover where stuff drops.

When I open HRose's client ITEM_DROP.STB file, the header shows that the columns are just a long list of drops, each getting rarer as you move through the list. I just don't understand how the % chance for each drop is controlled as it doesn't seem to be in the STB. The LIST_NPC.STB shows a column for drop % and another for zulie %, but that doesn't explain how the server can decide which of the long list to drop.

When I open another client's ITEM_DROP(NEW).STB, as HRose doesn't use that STB, the format is totally different. I understand column 1, but not columns 2 - 4, although they seem to be 3 columns that add up to 100%. Then next 40 or so columns list items and their drop chances out of 100000.

I'm really hoping that there's someone who can explain the structure of both ITEM_DROP.STB & ITEM_DROP(NEW).STB, and their relationship to LIST_NPC.STB. I know osirose (the server I use), doesn't make use of these files, but I still want to understand the mechanics of the original server files. I might then be able to write a tool that can pull HRose's drops from the STBs and create the SQL file that orirose uses.

Thanks in advance! :D
osrose_newb
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: ITEM_DROP/(NEW).STB

Postby thriel on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 am

items that drop ingame is controlled via the database, not the client.
We Have it all at RoseZA... Image
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Re: ITEM_DROP/(NEW).STB

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

the item_drops STB shouldn't even be there any more. It hasn't been used for over 5 years.
All drops in all servers (official or pserver) are controlled at the server so there's no way to find out what drops from client files.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to Question Zone