New map & warp gate

Place your questions about osirose here

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

New map & warp gate

Postby osrose_newb on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi,

I've added the Cave of Ulverick to my osirose, using naRose's map data. I copied the info from the naRose list_zones.stb into mine, and I've edit my warp.stb to include a warp gate on the DoD map that should take me into the CoU. I edited my database to include the new warp gate.

I've read http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1490&hilit=add+new+telegate&start=10, but I don't warp when I run to the spot outside the cave on the DoD map. Do I need to edit/copy the client files (IFOs/ZONs) to get this to work, or are simple map-to-map telegates completely server-sides?

Thanks in advance!
osrose_newb
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: New map & warp gate

Postby Mark on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Not just the ifo's and zon's but Narose cave of ulverick comes with some pretty nice aip for the mobs in there and some qsd's which are linked to the instance which takes place there, dont forget the con files which will be rightly named in the ifo for that area.
Administrator / Coder for EutopiaRose Online
http://www.eutopiarose.co.uk
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby osrose_newb on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks Mark!

Sadly, implementing the entire instance is beyond me at this point. I just want to create a new warp gate at the Cave of Ulverick entrance that takes me to the Cave map.

I edited the IFO for the cave entrance in 36_33.IFO, added a new telegate and added the destination WARP-xx-yy to the ZON file for the Cave map.

I still can't get it to work. When I click near the cave entrance, it looks like I'm clicking on an invisible wall, but I never get teleported into the Cave map. I have no bloody idea what the map_x and map_y columns for telegates are for, or how to calculate them, so maybe that's my problem.

Any ideas?
osrose_newb
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Mark on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:42 am

Any ideas?

Of course ^_^ I can help

ok what seems like is happening, is that the telegate isnt set up correctly, so we'll go back to the list_telegate.sql and start from there then back track to find the problem if it isnt fixed.

Ok, open your list_telegate.sql with which ever editor your using,

go to your line number for your cave of ulverick telegate which you have added,
( at this point prob best to check if you dont already have one set up somewhere else in the sql )

for the co-ords simply pop in game, go to where you want your telegate to start from, on your character type the gm command: /myloc this will pull a physical co ordinate of your current location ( not including the directional co ord, just the x and y co ords ) make a note of the 1st 4 digits xxxx of the x and the 1st 2 digits after the "." so if you have 5142.785232, take: 5142.78 as your x co ords, do the same for your "y" co ord and also make a note of the map number which you are on now jump back over to the telegate sql file.

for a complete new entry, take up the next id number in the sql, for the srcmap, this is just the map number, src x and srcy is the source x and y co ords from where you want the telegate to start, dest map is which map you want the telegate to take you to, destx and desty is the destination x and y co ords you want to be teleported to, next column is map this is simply a copy of the destmap info, also the same for the next 2 columns x and y, this info is simply copied from destx and desty, dont ask me why, i really dont know ^^.

Anyways, once youv'e added the new telegate to your list_telegate.sql, execute the sql file in your navicat if your using it, if not then i suggest you get it, its one of the best sql database management programs out there.

restart your world server so that it loads up the telegates again, jump in game and stress test.

If this doesnt work then let me know and we'll try some other things.
p.s you dont need to add this telegate to your ifo's for it to work, all telegates work directly from the sql database file.
Administrator / Coder for EutopiaRose Online
http://www.eutopiarose.co.uk
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby osrose_newb on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks Mark!

I've been working on ripping naRose items to my HRose client to fill time, but now I'll go back and check my list_telegates.sql file.

Good to know that I don't need to edit the IFO or ZON files. That'll save huge amounts of time adding new gates.

I'll let you know once this works.
osrose_newb
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Arnold on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Your client needs to send the request to warp, the trigger to do that needs to be in the DOD ifo, did you add the trigger there?
Arnold
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby osrose_newb on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 am

Thanks Arnold, that worked!

But, the problem I'm having now is figuring out the Z coordinate for the gate, and the rotation quat. I guess without a map editor, the only way is to use trial & error to get the height and rotation of the gate where I want it.

Any advice?
osrose_newb
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Arnold on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:16 pm

assuming you took that new map out of another client, can't you look at the dod ifo for that client what the coordinates are?
Arnold
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby osrose_newb on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 am

I took Cave of Ulverick from the naRose client, but it doesn't have a warp gate from DoD because they have an instance in their client that uses NPCs to go there. I'm not sure if Wish Online has it, I'll have to download the client & find out I guess.

Thanks for the help. At least it works. Now I just have to get it placed right on the map.
osrose_newb
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 pm

In NARose it works from QSD/AIP so there won't be a warp gate in DOD.
Shouldn't be too hard to add one into the IFO and database though.
It's also really easy to "hard code" warps in the server for specific locations if it comes down to that.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to Question Zone