Packets

Place your questions about osirose here

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Packets

Postby wolfwing on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm

As some people may know, I'm coding a server for iRose with ExJam's r3e libraries.
So I would like to know, does anyone have a complete packet list with all their formats?
Thank you in advance.
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Re: Packets

Postby lazypenguin on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:26 am

I've been following your project for some time now and was wondering when you would come to this road-block. Honestly, if you're writing a custom client and a custom server, why wouldn't you redesign the Rose architecture and design your own packets?

The only reason you'd want to be using the old packets is if you wanted to be compatible with osIRose/Arcturus...Not sure why you'd be writing a custom server in that case...
lazypenguin
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Circa on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 am

I think he's trying to match it up with arc files, since he is running the custom client on arc files for testing I assume, then just base his custom server off that, but I could be mistaken. I was suppose to be helping him sorta lol, but i have a summer class 6 hours long 4 days a week and work so i can't put any real help but shitty comments :P. I mostly post from my phone too :/
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby wolfwing on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm

@Circa & lazypenguin I've kinda stopped working on the client actually, since I acquired Exjam's libraries and they make me able to do almost anything I want. So I was thinking to write a server that is both compatible with the original rose client and the custom client (like arc and osirose).
And I'm pretty sure I posted this in the OsiRose section...
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Postby xadet3 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:10 pm

http://itsgotelectrolytes.com/rose-networking/

Excuse the .txt extensions, haven't fully set up my server yet. All of the packet headers are in NET_Prototype.h but some will differ between iROSE/Evo.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby Juan on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:10 pm

It's not as bad as i thought except I hate hungarian notation and even more their coding style.

I've been following your project for some time now and was wondering when you would come to this road-block. Honestly, if you're writing a custom client and a custom server, why wouldn't you redesign the Rose architecture and design your own packets?

The only reason you'd want to be using the old packets is if you wanted to be compatible with osIRose/Arcturus...Not sure why you'd be writing a custom server in that case...

I would use protobuf, it's pretty way to serialize and deserialize objects through network.
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/
Juan
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lazypenguin on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:40 pm

xadet3 wrote:http://itsgotelectrolytes.com/rose-networking/

Excuse the .txt extensions, haven't fully set up my server yet. All of the packet headers are in NET_Prototype.h but some will differ between iROSE/Evo.

I'm loving the domain name. Thanks for sharing those files, very useful.

1. struct gsv_GODDNESS_MODE : public t_PACKETHEADER

Gave me a good chuckle that line "goddness mode".

Juan wrote:I would use protobuf, it's pretty way to serialize and deserialize objects through network.
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/

Bookmark'd, thanks.
lazypenguin
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Juan on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:48 pm

This is a good one too :
  2. void CRecvPACKET::Recv_gsv_SET_GLOVAL_FLAG ()
  3. {
  4.     g_GameDATA.m_iPvPState = m_pRecvPacket->m_gsv_SET_GLOBAL_FLAG.m_dwGlobalFLAGS & ZONE_FLAG_PK_ALLOWED;
  5. }

Not only the typo but also what does this function do.
Anyway i just checked up with IDA, some ID changed from irose to evo.
Juan
Rackie
Rackie

Postby wolfwing on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:23 pm

xadet3 wrote:http://itsgotelectrolytes.com/rose-networking/

Rose server or webserver? :roll:
And thanks :D
EDIT: what's the encoding? that way I can get the korean text back I hope. nevermind I already have them.
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Postby xadet3 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 pm

wolfwing wrote:Rose server or webserver? :roll:

Web server.
wolfwing wrote:EDIT: what's the encoding? that way I can get the korean text back I hope. nevermind I already have them.

EUC-KR (for any one finding this through Google).
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Next

Return to Question Zone