Showing my 225 set and what can be done

This forum is for Graphics and 3D objects discussions.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk

Re: Showing my 225 set and what can be done

Postby Maxxon on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 pm

blazerx wrote:well i use 3ds max and i was told that there is no plugin or converter for zmd files so i cant upload it in 3ds max or convert and upload it in another format is that true?

do you know where i can get a plugin or converter if there is one? if you do know if there is one or where i can get it i would be so glad to know :D

there are some plugins but they are private. so you will need to stick to the blender or hex editor solution, or write a plugin yourself.
an anymous comment on a program called reloader:
what if a fatal error happens, will it restart it?
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby blazerx on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:38 pm

ok i will stick to the hex editor im just very clueless about it and any other solution will be better for me ( like finding a plugin) do you mind helping me with the hex editing? because i defintly could use some help :D

for starters my hex editor outputs the zms file but it looks nothing like the zms format from brett & exjam. is it supposed to or is it not supposed to look like that format? (this is probably a stupid noobish kind of question but im just trying to learn since hex editing is new to me just like bones are)
blazerx
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Maxxon on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:57 pm

blazerx wrote:ok i will stick to the hex editor im just very clueless about it and any other solution will be better for me ( like finding a plugin) do you mind helping me with the hex editing? because i defintly could use some help :D

nope lol. i would rather write my own tool than trying that with a hex editor. (i tried once with a hex editor for importing some items and it was not worth the effort for me)
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby blazerx on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 pm

ok i guess i understand that your trying to tell me i shouldnt even try and that i should either try and make my own tool or wait for the tool/tools that i need to go public so im jsut going to wait for the tools to go public because i do not know how to program stuff like that at least not yet.(im 15 and all i know is java and from waht it looks like, i would need to know c++ or some other language to do that)

its still is unfortunate that that means if i want to do any set editing all i can do is recolor.. i guess ill just hope those tools come out soon :D
blazerx
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby ExJam on Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:37 pm

blazerx wrote:(im 15 and all i know is java and from waht it looks like, i would need to know c++ or some other language to do that)

Don't be discouraged because you are young! I started writing a ROSE server when I was 15!

You can write it in java if you want, it can be used for many things!
ExJam
Pomic
Pomic

Postby blazerx on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:48 am

thanks nice to have some encouragement ill still give it a try then, thanks exjam :D
blazerx
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Maxxon on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:19 am

blazerx wrote:thanks nice to have some encouragement ill still give it a try then, thanks exjam :D

i just told you i would not try it manually with a hex editor. if you would have had a look at the file format you would have seen you you need supply bone info to each vertex (at least "0" if no bone is used). so if you have a model with 1000 vertices its huge work to do that manually. i wont stop you from doing it manually :)
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby Tartie on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 am

Wow Nice Sets :o ....can i try this one..if its okey to ask for the DDS and ZMS File for this sets.. if its not still its okey..^_^ i was amazed by your work i'm still newdie on this things... ;)

Greets,
Tartie
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Circa on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:00 am

.... 2000 and late lululullulul
Circa
Clown
Clown

Previous