Lessening the Triangle count in my sword model

This forum is for Graphics and 3D objects discussions.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk

Re: Lessening the Triangle count in my sword model

Postby Mello on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:30 pm

For sure seth, Thats what I said about the comp O_O "No matter how good it is nininininin...." or something like that. Its all game sided.
Anyway, it shouldn't bother that much to add planes O_O especialy if he wants the glowing effect only on spheres. I must agree, most weapons models are only in 1 part. But some Jrose are divided, like photon weapons ^^
I think it would not affect the game that much, maybe not at all ^^" or amours would be laggyfull O_O
as an example, the messiest one is level 120 soldier and muse's ones, they surely are the most divided models of rose O_O"

~Mello
Mello
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Sethanye on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:24 pm

did you see the newest jrose armors? some of them have like 5 meshes just on chest lol, its nuts
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Mello on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:33 am

O_O lal y_y Their ZSCs must be a hell mess xD
Mello
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Raven0123 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:43 am

Mello wrote:Owh, man, nice one :D but..
You're sword has for too much details for Roseonline. Remember its an old game.
You should delete all the litle spheres and make them a part of texture, or if you let them make Half spheres with 8-9faces, more would be useless.
Moreover, you must have less than 2000 faces or ROSE's 3D engine wont desplay it D: this would be hard without loosing some part of your sword.
You could use MultiRes tool, but it would split it a litle D: If you want I can try to reduce the polycount but I don't promise anything D: Just ulpload it somewhere and send me an MP if you want ^^"

~Mello.

Its not that the engine can't handle it, its that its made to limit the poly count. The Rose Engine uses Direct X 9 so it can easily handle high poly counts its just that is the code efficient enough to use it?
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Previous

Return to 3D discussions