3D Assets for Unity??

This forum is for Graphics and 3D objects discussions.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk

3D Assets for Unity??

Postby NeedMoDro on Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi, I'm a Unity developer and I want to utilize 3D data which is in rose online formats for a personal project solely for my own learning experience that will never be distributed or used for any commercial purpose.

I've found some resources searching here and on Github such as a blender plug-in, an SMD converter, the UnityRose project, etc.

I've never done much really in the tech art or art tools space, more systems and gameplay type stuff. I've dug in a bit with the UnityRose project and am attempting to use the code there in order to import models and animations as Unity friendly assets but I'm struggling with it.

I'm considering taking a crash course in blender to see if I cant use that plugin to export some fbxs but I thought it might be best to post here first and see if there is someone more familiar with rose formats or has / knows of a better way.

I'm rather passionate about the project I'm putting together and would even be willing to donate to Patreon or whatever for someone's time and effort in assisting me.

Thanks!
NeedMoDro
Little soul
Little soul

Re: 3D Assets for Unity??

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:13 pm

Welcome to the board.

Not a whole lot goes on here these days though a few of us do monitor it on a more or less daily basis.

Most discussions take place over on Discord these days.

You can find the OsRose discussion board here
https://discord.gg/PHxXxxh6
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to 3D discussions