IFO Spawns

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

IFO Spawns

Postby Drakia on Tue May 13, 2008 5:24 pm

I've been looking into the mob spawn points stored in the IFO files, and I made this little image of where the IFO spawns are in comparison to the current SQL spawns for Zant. One problem with switching over to using the IFO's is that they take considerably longer to load than what our current SQL structure is, there's about 3200 spawn groups, each of which has between 1 and 7 mobs in it. The placement of the points is probably a little off, I had to guess at a map location-> pixel location equation :)
Attachments
mobgreen.png
Just SQL
mobgreen.png (129.96 KiB) Viewed 8576 times
mobred.png
Just IFO
mobred.png (131.96 KiB) Viewed 8575 times
mob.png
Overlay
mob.png (134.57 KiB) Viewed 8574 times
Last edited by Drakia on Tue May 13, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite skill is scaring new users away.
If you haven't SEARCHED expect me to yell at you.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Re: IFO Spawns

Postby Cellcote on Tue May 13, 2008 5:36 pm

Drakia wrote:One problem with switching over to using the IFO's is that they take considerably longer to load

I don't think anybody would mind waiting a moment longer, if we could prevent the worldserver from crashing, we wouldn't need to restart the server, so the loadtime of the server isn't really a problem, at least with me.

Very nice btw :D
Cellcote
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Rescudo on Tue May 13, 2008 5:51 pm

If IFOs take considerably longer to read from, wouldn't it be more viable to do a one-time conversion of the IFO coordinates into SQL rows, then read the mob spawns from there? It would make the spawns more accurate, staying true to pre evo, as well as leaving load time unharmed. Or am I missing something here?
SEARCH - it's there for a reason!
Rescudo
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby pepu on Tue May 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Nice...
But if load .IFO spawns will be slow, then converse IFO to SQL
pepu
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby wtfux on Tue May 13, 2008 6:47 pm

No....
Drakia means there are way more spawns, and that's why it loads longer. Not because it's another format...
No.sig
wtfux
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Rifke on Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 pm

I think the loading time would be longer because the server stores everything when it loads. It would save loading time when only the spawns are loaded when the map is used.

When a map is not used (no players in there) the map would be cleared out from mobs, which I think would save some time when loading. Because when it loads it places all the monsters on their maps. Or am I wrong at this?

considerably longer to load

How long is 'considerably' ?
Rifke
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby Rescudo on Tue May 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Drakia wrote:One problem with switching over to using the IFO's is that they take considerably longer to load than what our current SQL structure is

To me, it sounds like it is because of another format ... :roll:
SEARCH - it's there for a reason!
Rescudo
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby pepu on Tue May 13, 2008 7:52 pm

yes, i think so... xD
If u take all NECESARY info from .IFO and convert it to sql, it will be fast, i understood that :S
pepu
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby lmame on Tue May 13, 2008 8:01 pm

There are many IFO for one map, it's not one IFO so first it needs parsing all IFO to watch for spawns.
But it's not impossible to do it, in fact of course it's easier since you can match perfectly client and server that way so perhaps the server would take about 30-45 seconds more to load, though if it's stable, is that really a big big deal?
Another thing to consider if the number of spawns is big, what is the downside server side, I mean memory side and also traversing them in code?

Last thing of course... :) if you want to add spawn you need a decent IFO editer :)
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Rifke on Tue May 13, 2008 8:04 pm

pepu wrote:yes, i think so... xD
If u take all NECESARY info from .IFO and convert it to sql, it will be fast, i understood that :S

When loaded when needed. Not loaded and not neeeded. If you have 3.200 entries for just 1 map? And there are 50? (Not sure) are 160.000 sql entries. Not a big problem, only when you need to LOAD them all...
Rifke
Pero pero
Pero pero

Next

Return to Support - OspRose Emulator