SVN epic fail

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: SVN epic fail

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed May 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Drakia wrote:Pepu, I just fixed the code you deleted :P You seem to have removed those two fixes you said you added, lol. Also, I think we should wait on the new drop system, or add it in a default-disabled state. At least until PY gives the go-ahead that it's stable enough to add to the SVN as default.

As noted before in a different thread. This drops code is not new. It has been around for a looooonnng time.
It was originally developed for use in drose in January of 2007 and has been used on my server for well over a year.
Rob has also tested it pretty thoroughly and decided to include it in rev81 svn.
I am completely certain that the basic code for the drops is 100% stable.

It had to be modified very slightly for osProse but that was mainly because a few things work slightly differently here. One example is that ghosts were hard coded to drop MP water and HP water some of the time. Those items do not exist in osProse stbs so i had to change them.

The one part of the system that is incomplete is the list_skillbooks table but that is a data issue rather than code.
As it was designed with evo skill books in mind and still contains their ids, there is some potential for ghosts to drop the occasional glitched item.

I will rebuild the list at some point but strictly speaking, the odd glitched item is the least of our worries right now. ;)
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Previous

Return to Support - OspRose Emulator