Need some help

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Need some help

Postby PurpleYouko on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:56 pm

I have actually been using osrose servers since rev 16.
There were a few bugs but nothing really major
It was more a case of some things just not working than stuff that was doing really bad things like dying when you walk and such.

I never really had any problems with it.
Then again i was never part of the dev team so all my modifications stayed in my own server. ;)

I just prefer the pre-evo version of the game. Always did.
It is only very recently that we actually stared work on osprose and that probably explains why the project is moving forward so fast right now.

To be quite fair though, we started out with a base code taken from osirose so most of our server is identical to Arnold's.
All the devs on all three servers share our code improvements so all three are making a lot of headway. It is only the release methods that are different.
osirose and osprose make every change public on the svn as they happen.
osrose has a private svn for development and releases stable versions to the public after extensive testing. Rev 80 is very stable. Rev 81 is almost a completely new server. It is designed for a completely different client (post 139 NA) and will not even be compatible with the older clients currently used on rev 80. that is why the next rev is taking so long.

osprose will always be pre-evo. That was why we started it, so that we could use the pre-evo system which many of us prefer over the other systems.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby daisyanne on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:22 pm

ahh thats pretty interesting. mind telling me what are the major diferences with evo and pre evo- i played rose but that was back when the beta server was open and JAM FTW lol ;)

on a side note:
what happened to jam i heard they nerfed it?
daisyanne
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Maxxon on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Rescudo wrote:I would rather use a OspRose port to Evo than OsRose, though.

well go ahead. :P 90% of the source is the same in all servers anyway. there are just differences in the packets and STB format. sometime ago i thought if it would be possible to make an emulator that can handle all 3 rose types by switching over a preprocessor define. but i stepped apart from the idea since it would be a pain to code everytime packet layout and stuff 3 times.

in fact rev81 uses the QSD system from osprose already.

daisyanne wrote:ahh thats pretty interesting. mind telling me what are the major diferences with evo and pre evo- i played rose but that was back when the beta server was open and JAM FTW lol ;)

in evo lots of skills were changed. the damage players do to mobs, and a lot "under the hood". also you got for example 2 hotkey bars ingame. i hear a lot that irose / pre evo was lots of fun. but i like the evo system more since the 2 hotkey bars for example.
anyway i think an evo server can be configured to give iRose gaming experience. for example if someone would really want it he could put a bit brain into making a converter from irose STB -> evo STB. its just up to the servers head admin. so speaking for i stick with evo because its the newest rose system available.
an anymous comment on a program called reloader:
what if a fatal error happens, will it restart it?
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby PurpleYouko on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Converting stbs from evo to irose or pre-evo formats is a breeze.
generally all you need to do is delete a couple of columns and shift the STL references over by that amount, then save it again with a new fieldcount value in the STB.

I converted all the Jrose STBs into osprose in a couple of hours.

Going the other way will be difficult since there are values in the evo stb that are not present in the other versions.
Then again nothing is being added into irose stbs (unless you plan to rip off arua) so there is no real reason to want to go that way.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Previous

Return to Support - OspRose Emulator