Need some help

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Need some help

Postby Blackdpd on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:44 am

Drakia wrote:OSpRose doesn't use a system similar to the official servers. So changing a value to 1 won't necessarily mean the same as official. The current values were set as the devs (Ok, PY) saw fit at the time.

yeah but most people just want to have it at least a BIT like the normal servers just everything 1
so i just say that the drop system doesnt need to change
and the zuly and drop rate to 1 just for normality ;)

even though i diddent go to rev 77 because its a bit screwed up, but i do know it is going to be fixed even if it takes a few weeks i dont mind, i just stick with rev 75 so i can see what i fucked up and dont get confused what already was fucked up,
anyways so i dont know anything about the drop system only that 5 is default
and i know you guys are very fast with these fixes of yours :D

Blackdpd `
Blackdpd
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby Drakia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:51 am

Well, you're saying "Put them to 1 for rates like official" but 1 doesn't mean anything in comparison to the official, hell, 1 could mean 1% of the official, or 10000% of the official. I'm saying that 1 doesn't mean official, it means 1. PY wrote the custom drop system, so it will be him who can tell what settings will get you closer to original.
My favorite skill is scaring new users away.
If you haven't SEARCHED expect me to yell at you.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby daisyanne on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:55 am

drakia how about the player damage and monster damage ?

i set player to 25 damage and monster to 125 and there was no differance at all. in technicallity that should allow a mob to pwn me to the ground or atleast notice a differance
daisyanne
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Drakia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:10 am

Those values are still being read out of the conf file, not the database. I'm going to go through and remove the values from the conf file that are in the database in the SVN.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby daisyanne on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:15 am

ahh k thanks ill edit the conf then
daisyanne
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Drakia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:28 am

Alright, I uploaded the revision with this fixed. monsterdmg and playerdmg are now read from the database, and aren't in the .conf anymore. Also the new rev has telegate hack detection, more accurate telegates, and a quest condition fix.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby daisyanne on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:13 am

great and thanks alot for the help ;)
daisyanne
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Drakia wrote:Those values are still being read out of the conf file, not the database. I'm going to go through and remove the values from the conf file that are in the database in the SVN.

Are you sure about that?
I think you will find they are being read from the conf first then being overwritten by the values in the database.
At least that was the way i originally wrote it.
I was just too lazy to finish the job and remove the conf loading. :D
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:59 pm

daisyanne wrote:drakia how about the player damage and monster damage ?

i set player to 25 damage and monster to 125 and there was no differance at all. in technicallity that should allow a mob to pwn me to the ground or atleast notice a differance

OK here is the lowdown on how all the config stuff works in osprose.

Zulyrate is a simple multiplier that is used in the calculations for the amount of zuly dropped in a successful zuly drop. The other variable used is the level of the monster.
Droprate This is a percentage chance of a monster your own level dropping an item. The actual chance is modified slightly depending on the level difference between player and monster + one or two other minor factors. Set this to 1 and only 1% of monsters will ever drop anything.
80% is reasonably close to the 'official' drop rate
statchance, refinechance and slotchance are also percentages. They represent the chance of any item being dropped with stats, refine levels or already slotted to receive a gem. 5% is just an arbitrary value. As i recall in the official system nothing dropped with slots or refines although some items were dropped with stats.
Bluechance this is unique to our drop system. When an item drops there is a percentage chance that instead of the basic item (such as Soldier Armor) it will be converted to a 'blue' version of that item (Grand Soldier Armor or something like that). Alternates that it is able to choose from are stored in the drops table in the 'alt' field.
playerdamage and monsterdamage have been with us for ages. They are percentage multipliers so that 125 will just multiply the damage by 125%. this will have the effect of increasing 8 to 10. (8 + 8/4). You probably wouldn't even notice the difference in game as the damage has a random element that would swamp such a tiny change. If you want the Choropy to pwn you, set monsterdamage to 1000, not 125 :)
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Drakia on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Yeah, PY, you didn't have the two dmg variables being read from the database, only from the conf file. I fixed it in the latest rev.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OspRose Emulator