READ: OSpRose Setup Guide

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

READ: OSpRose Setup Guide

Postby Drakia on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Ok, since we are getting so many people with questions about this, here is a guide on setting up OSpRose. This is for compiling from scratch, not applying a patch and compiling.
Codeblocks is the preferred IDE for use with OSpRose, we can not give support for any other programming IDE's.

Programs you will need:

Part 1 - Downloading the latest SVN code
First of all, you need to install Tortoise SVN, download the latest version and install it.
Now, on your harddrive somewhere, create a folder that will hold the OSpRose source code.
Right click this folder, and select "SVN Checkout...", this will pop up a little box.
The only thing you need to do here is put "https://opensvn.csie.org/osprose" into the "URL of repository" field, then click "OK". All the source files will download from SVN.

Part 2 - Setting up your environment
Now we get to install CodeBlocks. You should download codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe as it comes with the compiler. Once you have installed CodeBlocks, then you need to install a few packages to make OSpRose compile. These files are attached (libmysql.zip and pthread.zip), just extract them to CodeBlocks\minGW (I'm not positive on this directory, but as far as I know, that's where it's installed to).

Part 3 - Opening and compiling
Ok, so now we have codeblocks, a compiler, the required packages, and source, so let's compile!
Open up CodeBlocks, and select "File->Open" and go to the "Binary" folder in the OSpRose SVN directory. Open all 3 of the .dev files (You can open them one by one, or by clicking the first, holding Ctrl, and clicking the other 2).
There will be a little window asking you to select a compiler, just leave this on the first entry, and click "Ok" for all 3 projects.
Now, you need to compile the projects. To do this, at the top of the window, click "Build->Build Workspace" and all the open projects will build. You can ignore any warnings that are given at this point, unless there's an error, then something went wrong.
Hooray, you now have the EXE's for the server compiled, now we need to get the client files.

Part 4 - Client and Client Files
Now, you'll need to install the 112 client (DO NOT UPDATE TO 124). So run the 112 installer, and follow it's instructions.
Once it is installed, you'll need to extract the VFS files, so create a folder somewhere to store the files from the VFS.
Download Snipah's VFS Editor/Extractor to your ROSE Online 112 clients folder, and run it.
Once it's loaded, select the menu option "File->Extract All" and select the directory you created for your VFS files.
Now copy the files from VFS\3ddata\stb to SVN\Binary\3ddata\stb\ and the files from VFS\3ddata\questdata to SVN\Binary\3ddata\questdata
For later use, create a new text file in your client folder and rename it "launch.bat", make the contents
  1. trose.exe @TRIGGER_SOFT@ _server [youriphere]

Once your server is running, you will run this to launch the client.
Before you can run the client though, launch "TriggerDetect.exe" to create some needed config files.

Part 5 - Setting Up Server
Almost done now, we just need to set up the server.
First thing you'll want to do is import the SVN\Database\prose.sql into your database (Either use NaviCat, PHPMyAdmin, or use the included batch file if you have MySQL installed locally). You can ignore the other SQL files, they are for development.
Now, in SVN\Binary\ you need to edit the *Server.conf files. Open them in your favorite text editor.
Change the "DATABASE" section to match your database details in all configs.
Change the "serverip" to match your servers external IP or domain in all configs.
Ignore lanip and lansubmask, they aren't actually used in the server.
In a perfect world, every server would change their "PASSWORDS" section of the config, but most don't.
Do NOT change the charip in worldserver.conf unless you know what you're doing
The rest of the config can be changed to your liking. I recommend only changing "servername" in login and char configs, the rest of the options should be left as-is. In worldserver.conf, there are a lot of settings that effect gameplay on your server.
When running the server, make sure to run it in this order:
  • Login
  • Char
  • World

If you have any questions, just ask, but if they were answered here, expect to get bitched at. Setting up a launcher for your client has been covered many times over, use the search function, or just browse the Guide forum.
Also, this is all from memory, so it might not be 100% correct.
Attachments
libmysql.zip
libmysql. Extract to your compiler directory.
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 2501 times
pthreads.zip
libpthreads. Extract to your compiler directory.
(47.65 KiB) Downloaded 2098 times
My favorite skill is scaring new users away.
If you haven't SEARCHED expect me to yell at you.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Re: READ: OSpRose Setup Guide

Postby Hazuki on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:32 am

Nice guide Drakia, reading this explained why I for some reason couldn't compile the Pre EVO NA sources in Dev C++.

Thanks again :).

/Haz
Hazuki
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:33 pm

It works fine for me in Dev. Everything I upload to the SVN is written with it. :D

Drak prefers CodeBlocks but I prefer Dev. It should work perfectly in either.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby ownrose on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:34 pm

i got a question when i do the link he cant connect is what i need to do

[Edit by Drakia] There is no reason to quote my entire guide when asking a question about it
ownrose
Little soul
Little soul

Postby Hazuki on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:03 pm

ownrose wrote:i got a question when i do the link he cant connect is what i need to do

We need a little more information than that to be able to help you.

/Haz
Hazuki
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:02 pm

hehe. haz has joined kuro-tejina :lol:

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Hazuki on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:34 pm

I got some things to show you on MSN tomorrow ^^.

/Haz
Hazuki
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Rescudo on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:58 am

damn, I am going to get you two confused now that you have equal signatures. :P
SEARCH - it's there for a reason!
Rescudo
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:56 pm

We probably need to update that Kuro-T signature anyway. That's still the one that Poseidon made for the 06 Christmas event on HiddenRose :lol:

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Pomegranate on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:15 pm

When I run worldserver, I get
[FATAL ERROR]: Could not execute query: Table 'prose.ltb' doesn't exist
Not sure what I messed up on though.

Also, in part 4, need to transfer the AI files with the STB and questdata files.
Pomegranate
Little soul
Little soul

Next

Return to Support - OspRose Emulator