OspRose Compiling Tut with Dev C++

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

OspRose Compiling Tut with Dev C++

Postby redxagon on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:31 am

Hey guys... here is prob my first tutorial in this forum... and yea.. CodeBlocks does not like me at all, so i switched to a diff program that actually works for me... well, lets get started?

Well, im going to start off this by guessing that you already have ur server files but have not compiled it.. (get server files off of drakia's tut here)

Now.. from here download Devshed C++ Get the one that says "Dev-C++ (whatever version) with Mingw/GCC (whatever version)"

Install, then run.. now do exactly what i do.. first : File->Open Project or File->WorldServer.dev

After opening... do this... Tools ->Check for Updates

After that look for where it says "Select Devpack server" then Choose the devpacks.org Community devpacks then click on "Check for Updates"

then check the libmysql and the pthreads32 (i think) and then press download selected..

After that, press on project->project options->parameters then look for where it says
-lmysql -lpthreadgc -lws2_32

Then after add
../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libws2_32.a
../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libpthreadGC2.a
../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libpthreadGC.a
../../Dev-Cpp/lib/libmysql.a

After that press ok, then click on WorldServer and then press on Execute->compile

after that, you should have an .exe of the WorldServer.. Do the same for the CharServer and WorldServer.

i did this at 2am in the morning so.. if my guide looks like crap.. u know im drinking coffee.. GL and have fun.. oh and the bolding and underlining is for me.. i cant read things without having bolded stuff so i dont get uninterested..

EDIT: if you get an error saying autosaving every 60 seconds... keep trying to reopen..
redxagon
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Return to Support - OspRose Emulator