Item Replacer

This forum contains the items, weapons, resources or other files shared between players.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)
Don't share ANY files, graphics, items that don't belong to you.

Item Replacer

Postby Dast on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:32 am

not sure if this is the right place to post the D=....but
I made a tool that beginners and even people who are already familiar with replacement can use. It can replace items and it can also tell you what files belong to what item. but I only put the items that are common in most rose servers so you won’t be seeing any jrose, narose, etc items on the list (no PAT too). So that’s why I made text file just in case I wanted to add something to the list.

It’s my first program I actually finished that’s not based off a tutorial so tell me if you spot anything wrong...especially the list of items....I was lucky enough to catch a few when I was lining up the stb and zsc tables for the item names and file names. If you have any suggestions or any problems let me know.
It’s a pretty straight forward program all you have to do is drop it in your rose folder and make sure that the “ReplacementData” folder is present in the same directory or it won’t work.

Link http://www.sendspace.com/file/4795or

This program isnt amazing but its a nice tool to recommend to everyday players who dont know how to replace items but would like to use mods
Attachments
Dast's Item Replacer.rar
(88.64 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
Dast
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Item Replacer

Postby Choseal on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:45 am

So I just place this tool in my extracted 3DDATA.vfs folder, and then it will change the zsc file?

Or does it rename a new dds/zms file so it will replace the old file?

Judging by the description, I think the last one.

Thanks for the tool, works like a charm. :)
Choseal
Electric Ghost
Electric Ghost

Postby Dast on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:42 pm

all it does is copy ur dds or zms u selected and copies and renames it to the propriate directory and name....so it sounds like the second 1

....i dont know how to make this program read zsc...wish i knew though would have made the tables easier so thats why i made a few txt files to keep my data in...at least that i can understand
Dast
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Raavi on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:07 am

Nice tool dast!
Raavi
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Sethanye on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:31 am

nice tool but i potentially see problems, there are items with above 5 meshes, though its only in jrose items as far as i seen and its rare but still.

And secondly irregular name items, unless you are actually reading the zsc and extracting what links to what, then its fine, but if your using the name as in 00300 00301 00302 ect to link, there are items that dont have the same name for dds and zms
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Dast on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 pm

yeh i ran into the problems with its over 5 zms file.....(pats)...i was already far in the project that i didnt want to go back and add in more boxes

for matching them up...i pretty much used a combination of zsc and stb
i didnt match em like 3010 with 3010 cuz i knew they reuse zms files like the lv 10 armor soldier armor and the chrome armor

since i know that all pserver has thier own set of items i didnt add in jrose and stuff because they might have renamed them or put them in a different directory (twrose hair) so i left it as where krose left off

its only version 1 and i can probably improve on this but it has the basic requirement the average player needs anyways to apply a mod
Dast
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Sethanye on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 am

well i was just pointed out lol, but yeah nice job, makes it faster for testing and such
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Dast on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:32 pm

gotta ya :D b
Dast
Smoulie
Smoulie

Return to Submit client ressources