Summery looks, worth releasing?

This forum contains the items, weapons, resources or other files shared between players.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)
Don't share ANY files, graphics, items that don't belong to you.

Re: Summery looks, worth releasing?

Postby Kilkakon on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:28 am

Alright, good feedback. :) I had avoided the toga as there wasn't room for it with the belt thing--that armour is rather weirdly pieced together so I can't take much away from it. I'll try a toga on that one and see how it looks. I'm not super happy with level 70 soldier either, because the blue isn't carried through. I might change the toga's colour to blue to match his neck. Any other comments?

Oh of course there's also trying to make the toga look better, as per 666's suggestion.

When I've finished the boys and everybody's happy with them, I'll work on the girls.

EDIT1: Here's two screenshots of what I have been suggesting. The first is the level 10 soldier without the shoulder caps, which I think looks a lot nicer and less top heavy. The second is the level 30 hawker with a toga instead of jocks--I just threw on the soldier one here so you could see the results so ignore the gap at the end of the legs. Obviously, the belt and toga are in bitter confrontation over who controls the waist! :lol: Do you think I should rub away the top half of the toga to make it fit? If so I'll probably make it orange to match the straps.

more rose boys.jpg
Level 10 Soldier and Level 30 Hawker test
more rose boys.jpg (40.78 KiB) Viewed 20218 times

EDIT2: Here's a blue toga for the level 70 soldier. Might be a bit bright, but posted so you guys can see the progress. :)

big horns.jpg
Level 70 Soldier alternate toga colour
big horns.jpg (28.86 KiB) Viewed 20217 times
Kilkakon
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Kilkakon on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:53 pm

No response? :O

Well I'm back at Uni now, and have been primarily working on my website. It's getting there! I will be putting all this stuff onto there when it's all done as well. :)
Kilkakon
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Kilkakon on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 am

While waiting for responses, I have been thinking a little bit about what I'll do about some of the armours, although if you guys could answer some questions that'd help a lot. :D I've been doing web work primarily of course but I would like to get a large chunk of Rose done over this week and next.

1. Is the toga on the level 30 one above a better look than the undies? If so I'll avoid using undies on other armours.
2. What level would you want me to go up to? That way I can have a nice progression to that level. Or just request ones at random really, I'm happy to make stuff if people are going to use it! :lol:
3. Would there be any interest in a female & male nude patch? I have one that was used for my server, I was wondering if anybody would want it to use as a base for outfit making or something. :)

Thanks. :)
Kilkakon
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Sethanye on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 am

male nude patch... **goes to throw up in the corner**

Anyway if you want my personal opinion. well its a bit biased opinion cos i dont really like any male fashion in mmos most of the time lol. but anyway, the idea and concept is good, even it does make all the characters look like they are from some arabic country or conan the barbarian realms xD but anyway as im saying the concept is ok, BUT you really need more variety, since you keep reusing stuff im guessing your not a 3d modeler, but at least go through the fashion lists and look for something suitable for you. I mean if you give every character from like lvl 10 to 90 the same pants itll get extremely boring for players.

But yeah keep up the good work ^^
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Kilkakon on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Don't worry Sethanye, I am making all of these for female as well as male. I'm just doing the guys first as I've got to start somewhere.

And no I'm not a modeller. :( It's been the bane of many a thing I've attempted over the years. Still I'm doing what I can! I have found some useable shorts from jRose--hence my level question. If I do levels (say) 10-100, then I can make the shorts for levels 88+. :) I'm getting what you mean about the whole sameness thing though... it's the undies didn't work out though as far as I can tell haha.
Kilkakon
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Kilkakon on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Update time! My website's finished now (kilkakon.com) so I can now get onto projects a bit more now. :D And that includes finishing off this Rose stuff. :)

Today's preview is finishing off the things above that I said that I would do, as well as something extra I thought that I would show for the fun of it. Attached, from left to right, are the level 70 soldier with his blue toga now matching his neck properly, a random outfit I made for me for fun haha and the level 30 hawker with toga instead of undies. The level 30 isn't perfect but I did what I could. :)

Yay for updates! :lol:
Attachments
rosepreview3.jpg
Level 70 Soldier, a random outfit I made for fun, level 30 hawker.
Kilkakon
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby merlon on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 pm

i love the middle one, and congratz on your website!
merlon
Antares
Antares

Postby Kilkakon on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks Merlon for the website congratz! :D

As far as the outfits go, I make the middle one for me (the train of thought was "What would I wear as a Rose boy?"). I'd have a halo too though. :)

My next one will be the level 50 muse. I'm not sure exactly how to make the level 10 one heavier to match, but I'll figure something out. :) After that--I don't know! Soldier, Dealer, or some of the higher level ones? So many choices! :D
Kilkakon
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Kilkakon on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:23 am

Finally here's the level 50 muse! Sorry for taking so long about it, working on other projects as well as a Uni deluge haha. What do you guys think? :) The fishnet stockings were a bit hard to make but they work out alright I think.
Attachments
level 50 muse.PNG
Male level 50 muse preview
level 50 muse.PNG (126.51 KiB) Viewed 19951 times
Kilkakon
Smoulie
Smoulie

Previous

Return to Submit client ressources