Can Someone compile this for me Plz :)

This forum contains the items, weapons, resources or other files shared between players.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)
Don't share ANY files, graphics, items that don't belong to you.

Can Someone compile this for me Plz :)

Postby Mark on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi All,

I've added a few additional lines to the DGuard source code, It should now support the infamous Keong Bot used by auto afk'ers.

The list of programs it supports is below:
  2.             Dim r = "TRose"
  3.             Dim h = "WPE PRO"
  4.             Dim c = "Cheat Engine"
  5.             Dim t = "TSearch"
  6.             Dim o = "OLLYDBG"
  7.             Dim a = "artmoney733"
  8.             Dim g = "gw32"
  9.             Dim q = "MemEditor"
  10.             Dim b = "Keong"
  11.             Dim d = "Keong v.1 beta"

I could add a few more but I wanted to compile this source I have to test it.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to compile the 2 .vb files that were originally released with the DGuard app, I have tried the express version of visual basic but couldn't find a way to compile the source code, I also tried using .net frameworks vbc command line compiler but for some funky reason that wont work either, I'll supply the Source if someone can compile it for me or if not, could you point me in the right direction of a way of compiling the .vb files.

p.s the original DGuard app can be found by searching for DGuard on this site.

Thanks in advance,
~Mark
Administrator / Coder for EutopiaRose Online
http://www.eutopiarose.co.uk
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Re: Can Someone compile this for me Plz :)

Postby wolfwing on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm

You shouldn't use DGuard, it's super easy to bypass.
You should write your own or buy one.
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Postby DragonXX on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Did you add vars declaration only?
DragonXX
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Mark on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Its ok guys I've managed to compile it using the full source code which is available, Me and someone else are working on another anti hack program to go alongside this one which will scan not only process names but there memory address too, so bypassing will be that ever more difficult to do, then all we have to do is hook the dll to the TRose

wolfwing wrote:You shouldn't use DGuard, it's super easy to bypass.
You should write your own or buy one.

It's a good program when you iron out all the ways that a player might be able to bypass the hacking/cheating program like renaming it etc, we've already thought of that :p
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby xadet3 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Client side detection is rather pointless as it can always be bypassed, rather easily in most cases too. Fix the issues server side and then they can't be bypassed.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby Mark on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Yep, that's exactly what were working on atm Xadet, a server side anti hack, tho, having the client side is a small added thing we found could be useful as its gonna act as a deterrent more than a complete stop to all client side cheating.

One thing I've found is that, as Rose never makes a registry change upon installation there's nothing really running in the background before client launch that can "check" if a malicious program is to be stopped, something I've noticed with a lot of other mmo's that I've been testing over the past year is that many of them either have a GG server set up via nProtect or they have there own custom anti hack which is specifically tailored to there clients.

i.e Nexon install a small amount of data in a users %appdata% folder ( which isn't even removed on client uninstallation lol ), part of this data works alongside there clients anti hack so I've managed to get quite a few ideas and thoughts on what were gonna be implementing and what will be running "silently" in the background.
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby wolfwing on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:04 am

Mark wrote:Yep, that's exactly what were working on atm Xadet, a server side anti hack, tho, having the client side is a small added thing we found could be useful as its gonna act as a deterrent more than a complete stop to all client side cheating.

One thing I've found is that, as Rose never makes a registry change upon installation there's nothing really running in the background before client launch that can "check" if a malicious program is to be stopped, something I've noticed with a lot of other mmo's that I've been testing over the past year is that many of them either have a GG server set up via nProtect or they have there own custom anti hack which is specifically tailored to there clients.

i.e Nexon install a small amount of data in a users %appdata% folder ( which isn't even removed on client uninstallation lol ), part of this data works alongside there clients anti hack so I've managed to get quite a few ideas and thoughts on what were gonna be implementing and what will be running "silently" in the background.

An easy way is, hook into some functions that are called every frame, call IsDebuggerPresent(); and it returns true if one is present.
So when that is true you just close the client, also be sure to modify the client that it needs your gameguard to even work.
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Postby Juan on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Or use themida like arua...
Juan
Rackie
Rackie

Postby wolfwing on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Juan wrote:Or use themida like arua...

Most servers probably can't afford it lol
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Postby Mark on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Lol arua's security is worse than the iraq's army pre invasion...

Anyways, I've taken note of what you guys are suggestion by the way of hooking functions to check each frame, we do already have a few dll's hooked into the TRose so closing the actual guard down through task manager will just kill what we call our TRose2.exe, once that's down the client then shuts down.. I'm thinking of having the program send a packet back to the server just before it "d/c's" the client to alert one of the Sec section so they can deal with it rather than users finding a way around it in less than 5 mins, plus I have about 30-40 seconds to play with from client start to hack tool detection to client disconnection so I'm sure I could fit something in there.

Oh on a side note, I've made some progress on the storage script if anyone's interested, so far the data is being displayed as it should via account_id, I'm just trying to find a way of displaying the icons now..which is proving to be a bitch.
here's whats been done so far:
  2. Simplified DB connection
  3. Table now displayed in html rather than raw data from the sql query
  4. Login.php amended to allow for account_id use
  5. Table now shows item number, owner number ( for ref purpose only ),
  6. Quantity
  7. All data called from the storage.sql is fully changeable, i.e dev's can change the columns called instead of echo'ing quantity, it can be subbed for refine, a simple if statement for refine levels can be added.

So who wants to help me with displaying the icons in the storage script?
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Next

Return to Submit client ressources