Skills from Scratch

A forum to show of the stuff you did for your server.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Skills from Scratch

Postby thriel on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 pm

how is this different to the current skills ?

you can edit any of the existing fields, and even with the new skills you are bound by the same rules ?

so old skill : attack power 50

new skill : attack power 50

how is that different ?

the only real difference is the animation as far as i can see. so why not just say we have reworked the new skills and added new animation effects ?

the title topic is misleading is all im saying.

something else to ponder, you are going to have a HELL of a time balancing the classes, that alone will be many months of work. that will set your server back quite a bit, you are far better off just using existing skills and changing animation only.

look what a flop that last server you guys tried to customise was, when you start changing to many things you end up with a mess on your hands.
We Have it all at RoseZA... Image
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Sethanye on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:10 pm

well in all honesty, the rose skills were hardly ever balanced, im not even talking about the current narose bs

and secondly following that logic there is no difference in any skills in any game, since they always do 50 dmg or 50mdmg or 50pdmg or 50tits dmg
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Stealth on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 pm

thriel wrote:how is this different to the current skills ?

you can edit any of the existing fields, and even with the new skills you are bound by the same rules ?

so old skill : attack power 50

new skill : attack power 50

how is that different ?

We are bound to no rules, and can add new fields to the stb as needed.

thriel wrote:the only real difference is the animation as far as i can see. so why not just say we have reworked the new skills and added new animation effects ?

the title topic is misleading is all im saying.

Just because we choose not to release every little detail about what makes us unique before our server even opens, doesn't mean things are as they appear. Do you honestly think I would go through the months of work to create a unique set of effects and animations for each and every skill if it was just a cheap crap ass average everyday server project?

thriel wrote:something else to ponder, you are going to have a HELL of a time balancing the classes, that alone will be many months of work. that will set your server back quite a bit, you are far better off just using existing skills and changing animation only.

There has been no balanced rose online server.... irose...knights, scouts, and clerics pwned all, pre evo...mages, raiders, and scouts pwned all....evo...well....evo is just a giant fuck mess in general

Our system was carefully planned and designed over the course of 2 months, then came the process of building the effects and animations (where we are now)...next comes closed beta testing, where we observe and make adjustments..

It really isn't hard....at all....

thriel wrote:look what a flop that last server you guys tried to customise was, when you start changing to many things you end up with a mess on your hands.

I'm not sure if you're talking about inferno... ...I can't speak on behalf of inferno because I never worked on it, but I don't think you can call a server which lasted for so many years a "flop".

Basically what it all comes down to is....you assume waaaaay too much...and you shouldn't, because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about ~.^
Stealth
Rackie
Rackie

Postby thriel on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:58 pm

balancing classes over 2 months, lol. i would pay to see that.

and i was speaking about that fuckup of a server called revo online [http://revoonline.net ] which was dubbed to be "the god of all servers" and then it went under before it was even released, so many promises were broken with that one, what a lost cause, and there too was preaching of custom skills, custom intro's, custom maps etc etc.

if you pull it off then kudos to you, but i wont believe anything before i see it.
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby larsgevers on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Well guys.
Stealth just wants to show his hard work to us.
I should be very honest that he even shows it here if i were you.
Good Job, because you guys did the thinks i couldn't :oops:
larsgevers
Rackie
Rackie

Postby thriel on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 pm

well, i was very biased before because the revo guys once flamed the crap out of one of my threads quite a while back, even before revo was announced, never liked their crowd after that. i guess thats one of the reasons i dont quite trust the things they post.

but i spoke to stealth earlier in irc and he seems like a cool guy. so sorry for trashing your thread stealth. the animations in the clips do look really cool ;)
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby fade on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:42 am

hi, Good Job for your really excellent work..
I'm sure that this one of the excellent server in the whole world of rose online which will be a new some effects..

and also can you please make the rates higher or just in a mid rate example are 10x, because 1x or 2x exp is too lazy for us(player) who playing those low rate server

Thank you,
i'm really looking forward on this server

------------------
By the way, i'm just so confused..
because i'm really checking Two times a week the Malaysia ROSE Online but i think you have never did any work for them.. and i'm just shocked that you guys are planned to make another kind of rose online which is called "Seven Skies". can you please explain what is those problem? :D i don't want to think more problems at my mind. xD

EDIT: can you guys please make a http://twitter.com account so we can follow your updates and any announcement ^^

EDIT: xD i read this in one of your post
if this was just an irose server, yeah

but this isn't irose...or pre evo...or evo...

it's going to be the first server to create it's own version of the game from scratch, and we need to allow players to experience all of it...and skip none of it

ahaha.. your right xD.. i think x3 is already enough and also what will be called? if there's an irose,pre-evo and evo and what Seven Skies Version called? ^^
fade
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby ICON on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:39 am

Seven Skies is just that Seven Skies.
As for Myrose we did a lot of updates for them, We ran into a lot of internal problems there. One witch I will not speak on as to it's nobody's biz what happen. Not getting rude but was not a public matter.\
With My rose it was fun but slow a bit to slow for me.

As for Twitter we will look into that but we also added a dev Blog @ http://tribalgamingnet.com/chatzone/forumdisplay.php?f=199 Witch i will be updating tonight.

I hope this helped you out.
Move along move along like i know you Should.

New games in the making....
ICON
Clown
Clown

Postby Raven0123 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 am

Heres the twitter for the development, http://twitter.com/TGNStudios
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby fade on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:16 pm

@icon = so meaning is that, you guys will left in MyROSE and focus in Seven Skies?
and also i just want to know if the Seven Skies Online Graphic ingame,login screen,channel etc.. is still same in irose or evo? or you guys will also make a new login screen, a Game Interface like Wish Online did in their game inferface

and also are you guys will be released a seven planet when the seven skies is already done?

and last, how can we donate or support if we don't have any paypal account or credit card? like me :) because i want to support this a New OWn Version of ROSE ONLINE which is different to all rose online we've seen. and also are you guys will make own hair style? or still using Wish Online new hair style on your server

@Raven = thank you :)
fade
Smoulie
Smoulie

PreviousNext

Return to Pimp My Rose