[new formats] File formats

Project to create a new client based on new file formats and eventually a new 3D engine.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: [new formats] File formats

Postby 666 on Tue May 31, 2011 1:56 am

Sethanye wrote:Height Information Map actually, and stop reviving old threads seriously.

he's obviously interested in rose, and trying to help. I really don't see how this thread has an expiration date on it. If someone finds more information on file formats, this would be the thread for it, no?

I mean.. seriously.. any signs of human life on this forum should be a good thing! lol oh well
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Raven0123 on Tue May 31, 2011 6:39 pm

wolfwing wrote:Not sure if it has been posted yet, but HIM = Height mapping, I guess that can be changed to xml fairly easy.

Actually it wouldn't even help to make it xml because all you would see in the xml is alot of numbers. So that is one of the files that would be better to say as a binary file rather then a text file.

Also it would take longer to read it as an xml then as a .HIM file
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby wolfwing on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:19 am

So should we leave it like as is? Or should we convert it to another format?
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Postby wolfwing on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:25 am

666 wrote:
Sethanye wrote:Height Information Map actually, and stop reviving old threads seriously.

he's obviously interested in rose, and trying to help. I really don't see how this thread has an expiration date on it. If someone finds more information on file formats, this would be the thread for it, no?

I mean.. seriously.. any signs of human life on this forum should be a good thing! lol oh well

Agreed, I think (not to be offensive) the forum is going to die with an intension like that.
And I rather bump up an old thread than making a new one that almost has the same thing going on.
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Previous

Return to [Project] Custom client (new 3d engine, new files formats)