[Exjam's client] Work in Progress

Project to create a new client based on new file formats and eventually a new 3D engine.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: [Exjam's client] Work in Progress

Postby larsgevers on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 pm

But i can't build the one from exjam, it gives me errors. Is it because i miss something, or because i just fail...? :lol:
larsgevers
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Aukemon0NL on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 pm

you are missing alot of stuff...
ExJam didn't include everything in his source.
Aukemon0NL
Pomic
Pomic

Postby larsgevers on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Lmame made it work for OsRose, can it be possible that you (lmame) do that for OsIRose too...? I think a lot of people would be happy. Or is it easy to translate the one from OsRose so it is possible to use by OsIRose?
And with the one from lmame i get 3 succeeded and 2 failed with 3052 errors. They are all Error c2065: undeclared identifier.
larsgevers
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 pm

It should be fairly easy to make it work for any of the servers. There are just some differences in packet structures. nothing too major.
Also if you have the source for both client and server it will be way easier to make the packets match
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby larsgevers on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Yeah that's true. But I don't know the packet structures and which are different. So could it be possible if one of the guys who knows what need to be changed change it, so it would spare a lot of people a lot of time. And btw that error of mine. It's because in the libraries->include map there is a glnew map, but in the source it's still searching for gl/gl.h but it's not there but in the map glnew. Rename glnew to gl and it should work again;)

P.S. I know this is just a test client. But it doesn't seems practical to me that everytime you start your client you see exactly what it is loading and it takes some time to load. So can't that be the same as the normal client?
larsgevers
Rackie
Rackie

Postby amaedict on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 pm

dude the client is far from finnished, wait and see what happens before you start making requests. there is nothing you can do with it if lmame or anyone converts it to osirose. it wont replace your existing client as nothing would most likely work well. stick with your current client and let them do what they do best.
We Have it all ... Image
amaedict
Clown
Clown

Postby larsgevers on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:38 pm

I can start the client now with my own client. I'm still working on the login. I think it's a nice opportunity to see how it all works. And those dudes can help me. So i make request. But thanks for the info.
larsgevers
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Why would I convert it ot osiRose something that is supposed to work with iRose already? :shock:

Just download the "evo" client rev to get the libs and includes, then the one from exjam and mix both. You'll need to change include and libs paths in the project of course and I even posted what you needed to do.
The only thing you would have to change is comment out in exjam's code the titan vfs part so read this part in "evo" code. All is commented in "evo" code so it'll be easy.

As for the "slow and stuff", it's a test thing... If you think you'll have a clean client ready to use with this source, you're really mistaken.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby larsgevers on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Yeah i know it is not clean and ready to go. It's a work on project.
I've changed the ip in the client to my ip (from my login server) And when i try to log in. I get a error in my login server: <SID:612> Client sent illegal block.
larsgevers
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Did you use exjam's code? Evo's has a different encryption.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to [Project] Custom client (new 3d engine, new files formats)