KTRose Source code release

New forum to discuss KTRose code

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: KTRose Source code release

Postby fraserrr on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm a little rusty on rose servers (it was at least 6 years since i last played with one...).

Got the login and char servers running ok, can log in on the client, create an account, create a character, however i cannot get the world server to successfully start, it always seems to crash at loading STB files, whether i copy them over or leave the ones already in there i get the same result! (i am using the ktrose client).

I'm sure ive forgotten something simple!

Thanks
fraserrr
Little soul
Little soul

Postby fraserrr on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:27 pm

^ Resolved!

Recompiled and now working.

:)
fraserrr
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:25 pm

nice. What was wrong? do you have any idea?
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby fraserrr on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Not sure, it still won't run from the executable, seems the only way i can get it to run is from codeblocks using debug. /headscratch. I shall keep playing around until ive worked it out, will probably do me a world of good haha. :)
fraserrr
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:31 pm

I've had that problem in codeblocks before.
For some reason about half of all the classes that were ever declared simply failed to make it into the executable so although it would run perfectly from the compiler the executable was utterly useless.
I even posted the issue on the codeblocks forums to try to get some insight. The result of that was that some douche there accused me of being a n00b coder and posting in the wrong place. Nobody would even consider actually addressing the question and eventually the thread was deleted.
It was shortly after that when I decided to convert it to compile with visual studio.

Codeblocks can go *?></ themselves with a sharp object :x
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:05 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:Codeblocks can go *?></ themselves with a sharp object :x

That's what I said last time I tried to use codeblocks. If I had to I would rather use eclipse then codeblocks, but I would always pick Visual Studio over anything else.

Unfortunately right now, I'm programming osirose on linux with nano. But hey, we have a working login server now. :D
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby NewMilenium on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Hello,

(i tried to post this in a new topic but it seems it won't work)

I'm quite a beginner in all involved tasks here, but I learnt last 2 days, in order to setup a local ktrose server. Ultimately, my goal is to change all skills to remove the class requirements and change xp and drop rates to play again that old game alone or with close family in LAN.

So far, I've managed to navigate the forums, find some tutorials, install a sql database, download ktrose files, download the client, update the database with all sql files found in "database sql files" folder in Binary, rebuild the 3 server exe with CodeBlocks 12.11 (is it too recent and involving errors?), I manage to launch the Login server and the Char server, but the World server crashes whenever i try. However, when trying to debug it to see why, it DOES work!...... Looking at CodeBlocks config, I see it should be replacing WorldServer.exe by the new compiled one when I rebuild it... thus I don't get why it fails after a rebuild while not failing when debugging.

I manage to launch the client, connect to the Login Server, however it does not create the account (pretty much like in harry12 and moimoi250 problems) as the dabatase stays empty and retrying still does the same result
"Reconnecting to Mysql"
"New Account created 'NewMilenium' "
"User disconnected"

and yes of course I try this with CreateLoginAccount=1 in loginserver.conf . The goal is to avoid creating a website and all for the login. If I knew how to manually query the database to add my account into it... (my sql courses were so long ago, and i didn't like them very much :-S )

Soooo I think I got to the point where I pretty much need help. PurpleYouko, I see you connected yesterday and you're the one giving life to ktrose, so... thanks for any incoming help.

I can do screenshots, explain more what I did, link where I downloaded, etc, if needed. :)
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby NewMilenium on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Of course I'm still trying to solve this.

So, I managed to finally understand how to manually add entries in the database. However, the password won't be accepted when I try to connect. Is there an encryption method involved? I fail to find info on this. Is that a must-be to setup that local website to connect to and add accounts from?

On top of that, while the LoginServer.exe says "Connected to MySQL server", it doesn't seem to be able to add any entry in the database (with CreateLoginAccount=1)...

My WorldServer still won't launch without crashing, and still launches fine while in debug mode. And I still fail at understanding why. Rebuilding changes nothing. How mysterious...

I feel stuck. Tried all ideas I could for now. I almost read every post in those forums. :D
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby NewMilenium on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:14 pm

I'm not deleting the previous ones, because it can help people in the future. Yes, that's how I managed to solve some problems; I've read those forums, tried things...
So, about my loginserver problem : I added a default value to "lastlogin" and "logtime" in the dabatase, and changed "lastlogin" from a "VARCHAR(20)" to a "VARCHAR(500)". Login problem solved; I've made no website, logging in twice works as said by numerous people here and as intended.

I still run the WorldServer by debugging in codeblocks. This is filthy, but i can't get it to work any other way.
In-game, I got the no-npc-window problem. Solved thanks to those forums again, by running once TriggerDetect.

Now I'll start messing around with XP rate, Drop rates, and then...... I'll try removing class requirements to skills.
I'll make this game classless (and solo / coop). :D

Thanks to all the things written on those forums in the past years, and mostly to all the shared files.

I can still use help to stop running WorldServer from debugging in codeblocks, though.
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby NewMilenium on Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:50 pm

In case anyone comes by...

===| Things solved and how : |===

I managed to remove all job requirements in skills. It wasn't complicated, it is in 3 steps :
1) I removed all values of the column 35 in LIST_SKILL.STB ,
2) copy-pasted it to the client,
3) in the dabatase, in skills_data, there is a column "class" where values are like "62|0|0|0|0", i've put the first number to 0 in the whole column.

(if anyone wonders, I figured out :
41 : Soldier
42 : Muse
43 : Hawker
44 : Dealer
61 : Knight
62 : Champion
63 : Mage
64 : Cleric
65 : Raider
66 : Scout
67 : Bourgeois
68 : Artisan)

I managed to remove the weapon requirements of some skills (I didn't want to remove them all, some wouldn't make sense), similarly, by removing at the corresponding rows the values of columns 30, 31, 32, 33 and 34 in LIST_SKILL.STB and of column "weapon" in the database in skills_data.

I changed as well the stat points earnt / level and skill points earnt / level. It's in WorldServer\playerfunctions.cpp , you'll see there is everything about leveling up.

===========================

===| Problems I still have |===

My previous problem is still here - I can only launch WorldServer via the "debug" button in CodeBlocks.

What I don't get is that I thought I was using the same ROSE version than the one PurpleYouko's website shows skills for, and not at all, it's an old one where each skill has a level requirement - and skills are way less fun.
Any hint where I can find that other version? <- I've found some links provided by PurpleYouko. I'll see if I have faith to start all of that work on those other versions.

I'm afraid I'll have to do all that work again if I manage to find that version. Oh well.

Another thing bothering me is I can't seem to be able to open correctly the 3DDATA.VFS files, even with the universal VFS extractor, even when telling it the index is for TRose. So, I can't change again those HP bars, like I used to do some years ago...

Any reader is welcome to help, anytime. I'll come here often in next days, months and years, probably. :)

edit : also, the mobs NEVER drop equipable items, and while the drop rate and zuly rate in list_config in the dabatase seems to function correctly, it seems it's not the case for the exp rate. I'll investigate and edit this post as long as I got no answer.
I noticed a KTRose NPC at Adventure Plains. What the heck is my rose version? O_O

edit : it seems the column "map" isn't doing anything in items_drops in the database. I tried putting a probability of 9500 to an item supposedly dropping in Zant map, and drop rate of 30 to have tons of drops, while the min and max levels are 2 and 255 : lots of drops, 0 of such item. That could explain the lack of bird feathers as well as of all equipable items.

===| Other server&client |===
edit : I probably managed to launch the very last KTrose versions of the servers, from PurpleYouko sources, but I can't find how to build that client, the one of the WibbleWibble repository. I tried random things like using the old client while copying over tons of new files of the new client, I got lots of errors of DLL that I fixed by simply copying the corresponding DLLs, but then TRose just closes without any error.
What client should I use with those new servers?
edit : I tried as well the 2015 client, but it does 2 strange errors (though we hear a loading music), something like "file 3Ddata\\junon\\list_cnst_title_jzp.zsc open error", then crashes. As it seems the server part is working (which I could really only check with a client...), I'd really like to manage to get a client working for it.
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

PreviousNext

Return to KTRose Release