KTRose Problems

New forum to discuss KTRose code

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: KTRose Problems

Postby jopjopjop on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks for the reply sir.

This would be my last question regarding this topic so please bear with me. :oops:

Would increasing the following :
  1. `drop rate` in table list_config
  2. `prob` of weapons and armors in the table item_drops
increase the probability of weapons and armors dropping?

If not, then can you tell / explain what to do to modify the drop rates of weaps and armors
jopjopjop
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:43 pm

You are in the wrong table.
KTRose uses a table called "new_drops" which does not have a field called "prob". That would be the old table "item_drops" that we don't use any more.
The server still contains the legacy code for the old drop system so it can easily be switched back and forth if you really want to.

As noted in my last post, table "new_drops" contains 201 columns. The first column is the dropid field and all the rest are pairs containing item id(x) and drop chance(x) where x = 1 to 100
the dropid field directly correlates to the dropid field in LIST_NPC.STB so when a monster dies it uses it's dropid or it's current map to select a single row from new_drops. It then drops an item from that row based on the chances listed there.

Under the new drop system, drop_rate (in config) refers to the number of items to be dropped each time a monster dies.
e.g. Set it to 10 and there will be up to 10 items dropped when you kill a monster.
This number can also be modified by personal drop rate from buffs or items such as a timed scroll.

There is a constant 80% drop chance hard coded into the server. This value is modified by a number of factors including level difference then compared against a config value BASE_DROP_CHANCE which is set from "basedroprate" in "list_config". This will be your minimum drop chance. It defaults to 20% meaning that a monster of any level will still have a 20% chance of dropping something. You can crank this up to 100% or something if you really like so that every monster you kill wil drop something. kind of messes up game play a bit IMO but it's your server so do what you like. I added the potential for it. That's as far as i need to concern myself :lol:
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Rakoon on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:45 pm

hello,

i run the server and enter to the create new charter but its nothing show there long times i didn't missed with that any help ? :roll:
Attachments
screen002.jpg
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Congratulations!!!
You have discovered a previously unknown bug.

Seriously, I've never seen that before. :?
It should at least come up with the buttons for creating characters and so on. It doesn't even require a server to make those buttons load although it obviously does require a server connection to the login and char servers in order to reach this screen at all.

I suspect you may have a corrupted client since those buttons should be loaded by the client itself.

Try this one https://mega.co.nz/#!CYd2kDgS!TRXhyBr3BJ0NRIAueB_EZRu6hQsZnPFvFqDw7wWED58

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Rakoon on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Yeah the problems was from the client lol thanks alot !!

now i will edit it and mange the website i have many people to play :mrgreen:

btw i have many old clients should i re-upload them ?
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 pm

certainly couldn't hurt to upload them. :D

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Rakoon on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 pm

yes then i will re upload them again its better than to lost them forever :geek:

i have another issues its creat login accounts=1 but its not create auto accounts should i re complied ?
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Previous

Return to KTRose Release