[Paid job] Looking for a Dev

Use this forum to find people to work on your Server

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

[Paid job] Looking for a Dev

Postby Sdaak on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Hello everyone, as the title imply i'm looking for a developer to help me with a rose emulator.
This request is a little special as i don't run a normal server "per say".

A little bit of context for you :
I actually run a "local server" where i play with my friends and I've been doing so ever since Brett19 released his first files back in the day. This has always been quite fun ( and actually taught me a lot) but after all these years we kind of want something better...

So as you can guess i'm not looking for some crazy features such as item malls,flying cars, website design, patchers...I'm just looking for a clean rose environment ( Decent battle damage formulas, HP/MP synchronized with the server (always annoying to die when you still have HP but the server considers you dead and vice-versa ), skill effects...you catch my drift, essential stuff.

Regarding the version of Rose...I would prefer an Evo version but i'm also open to Irose discussions (pre evo would be the shit actually but not sure if anyone has the courage to dev on it :P )

This is a paid job, as i'm well aware working for a few dorky people playing on their own little server can feel lackluster. As for the remuneration itself it depends on who you are and what you can do.
But it should be between 100-250 euros ( per months ? per set of bugg fixed ? we'll see in private)

About the files then, since this is an open source community i have nothing against the work of the hired dev to be available to the public if he desires it ( of course with a little delay for us to feel privileged for a bit :lol: ). If you are against it then the files would stay private.

I'm very familiar with rose online and its different emulators in general so dealing with me shouldn't be too hard.
Either answer this or PM me.

PS : I'm not asking you to start from 0 of course ( although i wouldn't be against it :mrgreen: ) so if you prefer to start on some existing release then mention it.

PS2 : We actually have about 10 regular players there, all friends from over 10 years ago...

PS3 : A public server opening will be envisaged after we get a decent base.
Last edited by Sdaak on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Re: [Paid job] Looking for a Dev

Postby Armii on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:52 am

If you want the 'clean ROSE environment' then use the official client/server - the code has been released publicly for at least 4 years or download the pre-compiled binaries...
Armii
Little soul
Little soul

Postby Sdaak on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Armii wrote:If you want the 'clean ROSE environment' then use the official client/server - the code has been released publicly for at least 4 years or download the pre-compiled binaries...

I'm not a fan of those releases.
I would much rather have a lighter code, more modern, easier to understand and use.
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Sdaak on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Update :
We are actually working on something based on Project 137 and 2 devs working on it.
If you're willing to join us in our venture my PMs are still open.

I've received plenty of artist request too, although i am grateful we're not looking for that just yet, once we get a decent enough version we will call you tho.
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Return to Recruitment