Need Help Compiling Client

A project which includes source code for an old and somewhat unique evo client and an OsRose server which comprises of an old rev81 combined with KTRose pre-evo. Many new features in both client and server

Need Help Compiling Client

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Hello PY, Trying your client have gotten the client to almost completely compile am getting one error at the very finish

1> Finished searching libraries
1>MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>
1> Finished pass 1
1>
1>..\..\..\Triggersoft\Project_137\KTRose Evo 137\TRose.exe : fatal error LNK1319: 1 mismatches detected

Do I have to link libraries to my compiler? Found adding SPK 1 to Visual Studio 10 to remove many compiling errors.
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Re: Need Help Compiling Client

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:04 am

this was the only thing that worked. Add _ALLOW_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL_MISMATCH under C/C++ >> Preprocessor >>
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:31 pm

i would say you are compiling with different versions of msvcrt.
i had the same problems when I tried to build the whole thing in release mode. For some reason it only wants to compile in debug

also it looks like you will need to change some paths in your project settings
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Raven0123 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:45 pm

You need to rebuild EVERY library in the configuration you are trying to build in. After you have done that you need to make sure that each project, under C/C++ -> Code Generation, Runtime Library is set to the same across EACH project and set to one that is your current configuration. So it shouldn't say debug while you are trying to build the release or else you'll get the debug versions of msvcrt.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi thanks for the responses, Well seems the project is set up for Debug and making a dll/exe build causes mismatch errors ...found an obscure reference to opening project properties and going into the c/C++ settings and changing this... Add the statement _ALLOW_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL_MISMATCH under C/C++ >> Preprocessor >>
This allowed VS to ignore mismatch during compile of the project..but I think I will try again following Raven's suggestion of relinking the libraries and change the project setting to release. I successfully compiled the Server Source as well in VS and in Codeblocks...but as with either the servers successfully building I still face that when I launch the servers that they don't listen on the ports...there is no statement open on port 29000 and listening...I wonder is this the build or improper setup of the database. I really want to get this version working simply because I found some code expamles from TitanRose released on GitHub and would like to try to add ingame duel to this trose. Any Help would be appreciated. Also PY do you have a server source version without the Map Update you added where as I can add more maps without going thru the process of mapping new individual maps as in the Map/Data folder? I have prepared the ChinaRose Maps for import and would like to add them to this client, and if I am not wrong I wont be able to add them to the database without alot of work?
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:54 pm

It's not the best of ideas to use that ignore setting in your compiler.
It may allow you to compile but even if successful, you will almost certainly get runtime errors when your compiled code calls functions from the wrong dll version.

You should always do what raven said.
if you want to switch the project up to release version you need to rebuild EVERY dependency.
That's not just the projects in the client solution (about 8 of them) but EVERY single dll that each of them links to.
You can start by recompiling all the projects in the 3rd party solution but from my own experience even that isn't enough. I spent over a week trying to track down every dependency and get them all to compile in release mode. I did finally get it all to compile without a single error but it refused to run properly even after all that. At that point I gave up and went back to compiling it in debug mode for now.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to Support -- Project 137