Project 137 - VS 2017

A project which includes source code for an old and somewhat unique evo client and an OsRose server which comprises of an old rev81 combined with KTRose pre-evo. Many new features in both client and server

Project 137 - VS 2017

Postby lazypenguin on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Hello all,

At one point I tried to cleanup the client in project 137 so that it can build in VS2017 and that it gets compiled into one single binary. All the libs (triggervfs, znzin, etc.) currently compile but I never got round to fixing the client. I think at this point it's mostly just linker errors related to third party dependencies.

I don't work on this anymore but thought I would share it if someone wants to pickup where I left off.
https://mega.nz/#!ZANB2JKa!3nVdMZNG9E_3 ... bq4jdDSShg
lazypenguin
Pomic
Pomic

Re: Project 137 - VS 2017

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:00 pm

just a heads up regarding this.
Garnet worked on converting the project to VS 2017 for a couple of solid weeks and hit a couple of brick walls that prevented him from getting it working properly.
In the end we abandoned it.

If anybody wants to continue work on that side of things then please feel free to post any progress here
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Garnet on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Actually i have all the projects working on VS 2017 but there is too munch issues with it because VS 2017 is just not stable at all (the pdb bug has just been fixed in the latest version of VS 2017 ) and i'm afraid it could break the sources in a future update. The whole Visual Studio 2017 Installer is buggy has hell.

I reverted to VS 2015 and i will stick with it. The only one reason i wanted to upgrade is because i would like to make ktrose 137 working with linux and VS2017 add some nice features for linux development.

My sources will stay on VS2015 for sure. Yes, the upgrade can be done, but be carefull when you update VS2017...your projects could stop working.
Garnet
Little soul
Little soul

Postby lazypenguin on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:15 am

Thanks for the info Garnet. I was bored so I finished what I started and got the client to compile as a single binary linking all dependencies statically using visual studio 2017. Unfortunately something is wrong in the code somewhere because it doesn't successfully load the main camera so the client just crashes.

I can only work on this code base in doses so I don't know if I will continue but here is the source anyway: https://github.com/rminderhoud/rose-classic. Lua401 needs to be compiled first using thirdparty solution and then the rest should compile.
lazypenguin
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Luke on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Dear lazypenguin this site is broken https://github.com/rminderhoud/rose-classic , please make new. Thank You.
Luke
Rackie
Rackie

Return to Support -- Project 137