Page 1 of 1

Project 137 - VS 2017

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:36 pm
by lazypenguin
Hello all,

At one point I tried to cleanup the client in project 137 so that it can build in VS2017 and that it gets compiled into one single binary. All the libs (triggervfs, znzin, etc.) currently compile but I never got round to fixing the client. I think at this point it's mostly just linker errors related to third party dependencies.

I don't work on this anymore but thought I would share it if someone wants to pickup where I left off.!ZANB2JKa!3nVdMZNG9E_3 ... bq4jdDSShg

Re: Project 137 - VS 2017

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:00 pm
by PurpleYouko
just a heads up regarding this.
Garnet worked on converting the project to VS 2017 for a couple of solid weeks and hit a couple of brick walls that prevented him from getting it working properly.
In the end we abandoned it.

If anybody wants to continue work on that side of things then please feel free to post any progress here

Re: Project 137 - VS 2017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 pm
by Garnet
Actually i have all the projects working on VS 2017 but there is too munch issues with it because VS 2017 is just not stable at all (the pdb bug has just been fixed in the latest version of VS 2017 ) and i'm afraid it could break the sources in a future update. The whole Visual Studio 2017 Installer is buggy has hell.

I reverted to VS 2015 and i will stick with it. The only one reason i wanted to upgrade is because i would like to make ktrose 137 working with linux and VS2017 add some nice features for linux development.

My sources will stay on VS2015 for sure. Yes, the upgrade can be done, but be carefull when you update VS2017...your projects could stop working.

Re: Project 137 - VS 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:15 am
by lazypenguin
Thanks for the info Garnet. I was bored so I finished what I started and got the client to compile as a single binary linking all dependencies statically using visual studio 2017. Unfortunately something is wrong in the code somewhere because it doesn't successfully load the main camera so the client just crashes.

I can only work on this code base in doses so I don't know if I will continue but here is the source anyway: Lua401 needs to be compiled first using thirdparty solution and then the rest should compile.

Re: Project 137 - VS 2017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 pm
by Luke
Dear lazypenguin this site is broken , please make new. Thank You.