Release

A project which includes source code for an old and somewhat unique evo client and an OsRose server which comprises of an old rev81 combined with KTRose pre-evo. Many new features in both client and server

Re: Release

Postby L3nn0x on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:57 pm

If you're interested in mid to high level coding for Rose, we have an IROSE server in development on GitHub. It's a clean start and we provide our own client so no need to fiddle with packets or anything. We don't have much in functionality yet, but we have all the basics :) The link is here: https://github.com/dev-osrose/osIROSE-new and we're on the discord.

This is not recruiting at all but if you're interested we're always happy to have new blood ;)
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby adosorken on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:01 pm

I'm on Windows and I have most common build chains. Looks like you're supporting VS and using cmake. What versions of these are required? Looks like I'm running MySQL 5.7 and already have Connector/C installed, albeit an older version (6.x). I got MySQL running when I first came to this forum and started fiddling with 137. I have the latest Python and git installed.

EDIT: Install directions are either slightly vague or incorrect.

1. After downloading and installing the above applications, to compile the servers run the following commands:
  3.     git submodule update --init --recursive
  4.     ./ci/msvc_install.bat
  5.     cd build
  6.     cmake ..
  7.     cmake --build . --config Release

It does not state which directory to run git in. Doing it in the root folder of the archive fails. Furthermore, there was no "ci" subdirectory anywhere, though I did find that batch file in cmake/scripts. It actually closed the console window I was running it from for some reason. Cmake failed to build anything. As expected, pthreads was also missing, which I'm pretty used to when dealing with cross-platform builds.
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Raven0123 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:44 am

adosorken wrote:I'm on Windows and I have most common build chains. Looks like you're supporting VS and using cmake. What versions of these are required? Looks like I'm running MySQL 5.7 and already have Connector/C installed, albeit an older version (6.x). I got MySQL running when I first came to this forum and started fiddling with 137. I have the latest Python and git installed.

EDIT: Install directions are either slightly vague or incorrect.

1. After downloading and installing the above applications, to compile the servers run the following commands:
  3.     git submodule update --init --recursive
  4.     ./ci/msvc_install.bat
  5.     cd build
  6.     cmake ..
  7.     cmake --build . --config Release

It does not state which directory to run git in. Doing it in the root folder of the archive fails. Furthermore, there was no "ci" subdirectory anywhere, though I did find that batch file in cmake/scripts. It actually closed the console window I was running it from for some reason. Cmake failed to build anything. As expected, pthreads was also missing, which I'm pretty used to when dealing with cross-platform builds.

Hey sorry I'm a little late here but currently, there is a bug in VS that makes compiling our project impossible with that toolchain. It has been reported to MS 1 year ago and fixed but they still haven't released the fix in a stable release. I think you may be the person I was helping getting mingw64 working but if not, you can build with mingw64.

Also the discord link should be in my sig as L3nn0x forgot to link.

EDIT: the build and install steps for windows are currently outdated due to the bug talked about above.

EDIT 2: here are links to the bug report if you wanted to see it https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/310933/clexe-vs158-c-regression-with-templates.html and https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/256471/internal-compiler-error-in-vs157.html
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Previous

Return to Support -- Project 137