Compiling Server sources

Sources for both client and server

Compiling Server sources

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:25 pm

This is not intended to be a "Rose Server for dummies" post. It is assumed that you know at least a little about your computer and how to use an IDE such as VS2010

In order to compile the sources that come with this project you will need to get yourself a copy of Visual Studios 2010. Not 2005 or 2012.
I can only vouch for 2010.

You should be able to find a free download of VS2010 under the name of VS2010 express
I think you can get it here https://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-express-vs but I haven't actually downloaded it to compare. MSDN keep changing their frickin downloads pages so that it gets a bit awkward to tell exactly what you are downloading

So once you have VS2010 installed you should navigate to you server solution files.
You will find them in subfolders of your main "binary" folder

Login will be found at binary/loginserverVS/loginserverVS.sln
char will be binary/charserverVS/charserverVS.sln
world will be binary/worldserverVS/worldserverVS.sln

Double click the solution files to open them in Visual Studio 2010
Check your configurations and stuff to make sure that you are compiling in "release" mode and that all the paths are correct
Compile it.

Chances are that it will compile OK but will then refuse to run :D
At least that has been my experience so far with almost everyone that I have ever shared this code with.
Something is gonna be configured wrong somewhere and it will crash and burn.
I don't have all the answers. That's why I also uploaded my binaries so that if you are unable to figure out what the heck went wrong, you can still at least play it.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to Getting Sources