Welcome to Project 137

For those who don't have the patience to compile their own server and client.

Welcome to Project 137

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Well here it is... Finally

It's still not complete in every way but it is playable and makes a great test bed for all kinds of new ideas.

So What is Project 137 anyway?

It's a R.O.S.E. Evolution version based around the 137 Malaysia client along with a highly modified OsRose server which has its roots in rev 81 and KTRose pre-evo servers.
The client is built from the complete source that was released at ragezone several years ago but has now been modified quite extensively by me over the last few years.

Since we have the source code for client and server, it has been possible to do things that could previously only be dreamed about. The following is a list of some of the things that I have done. (I can't even remember all of them)

• Modified resource file loading so that it now loads STBs and all the other stuff preferentially from the client's 3DDATA folder rather than from the VFS. It will still load (most files) from VFS but if the file exists in the 3DDATA folder then it will load that one instead.
  • Taken control of move speed, HP, MP and many others away from the client and put them into the server. This requires some pretty major rewriting of packet codes on both sides. The Server now controls all adjustable stats of the character. The client just display them. Tell the server that you have a move speed of 5000 and that's exactly what you will see at the client. No more teleporting when client and server don't agree.
  • Totally removed encryption from all packets. Completely useless concept anyway.
  • Added server side map grid files that can be used to define collisions and zones where certain monsters can and cannot go. Example: could be used to prevent aquas from leaving water areas. This is an incomplete feature as yet. The code is all there to load in the grids and their values but the grid maps are not all completed (they need to be manually and painstakingly constructed). Also needs some modified AIP code to include the options for checking the value of map grids at present locations.
  • Added a completely new pair of statistics to equipable items. Known as UStat1 and UStat2. These appear as dark purple values underneath the normal pale blue stats that items already have. Values for the UStats are not loaded in from any tables as the blue ones are. They are infinitely variable and are controlled via the server with the client simply doing what client SHOULD do, displaying whatever it's told to display without applying its own modifications to it.
  • Completely overhauled all code related to crafting, disassembly, drilling, upgrading items and so on. The plan is to eventually allow for special upgrade items (a bit like gems but more complex) to be added to items. Also multiple slots may be available.
  • Monster AIP file, sizes and levels are now controlled by the server. try this command just for giggles /mon 1 1 0 0 500 (giant mini-jelly bean anybody?) Format: /mon [monid][count][AIP 0 is ignored. 31 = no AIP][level not fully implemented yet][size overwrites the size value in the STB]
. The intention is to eliminate the need for dozens of different CandleGhost and Tirwin entries in the STB. We will just have one for each and then adjust the level and size dynamically

I will come back to this and add more stuff to the list later. Right now I'm sure you will want to be getting on to the actual downloads right?
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Re: Welcome to Project 137

Postby adosorken on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:12 pm

This looks extremely promising. Thanks for all of your hard work. :)
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Bless on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:42 pm

Thank you for this great release PY! :)
Bless
Pomic
Pomic

Postby WiseGuy on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:22 am

Thank you very much PY
It is nice to be important
but very very important to be nice
WiseGuy
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Circa on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Awesome! :D
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby DaniloBk on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:13 am

Amazing, congratulations!
DaniloBk
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby adosorken on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:45 am

You really can have some fun with the monster sizes. :)

Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby adosorken on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:31 am

PurpleYouko, I have to say, you're doing a great job with this so far. :D
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Hazuki on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Wow!

I check these forums once a month this is massive! Might just tip my interest again with server source too! Exciting times ahead for OsRose, great work as always Purple!
Hazuki
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Wow awesome !
I neeed time to check it out
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Next

Return to Quick Start