Client source bug, perhaps

I'm sure there will be a TON of bugs discovered. List them here and we will cross them off the list as they are fixed.

Client source bug, perhaps

Postby adosorken on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:34 pm

This is more than likely some form of misconfiguration on my side, but it's worth noting just in case there's something I'm missing. I did notice a large number of warnings about conversion of short to byte (seriously, these warnings are legion), but that's not what I'm concerned with here. Here's what VS2010 is whining about:

1. 1>c:\ktrose\wibble_wibble-master\rose_engine\client\common\io_quest.cpp(83): error C2059: syntax error : ','
  2. 1>          c:\ktrose\wibble_wibble-master\rose_engine\client\common\io_quest.cpp(200) : see reference to function template instantiation 'bool Check_QuestOP<int,short>(BYTE,dType1,dType2)' being compiled
  3. 1>          with
  4. 1>          [
  5. 1>              dType1=int,
  6. 1>              dType2=short
  7. 1>          ]

This repeats several times with variation, but always lists line 83 in Rose_Engine/Client/Common/IO_Quest.cpp as the error.

Line 83 is:

1.         char *szMsg = CStr::Printf ("       [QST] Comparison operations fails = = d% s% d "%, >
  2. (int)iLeft, szOP[ btOP ], (int)iRight );

This... looks wrong. So, I changed it a bit:

1.         char *szMsg = CStr::Printf ("       [QST] Comparison operations fails = = d% s% %d ", (int)iLeft, szOP[ btOP ], (int)iRight );

and this compiles fine.

The project still doesn't build; it then fails at the linker stage:

1. 1>Util.lib(CPacketCODEC.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in CCamera.obj

...almost builds. So close. :)
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Client source bug, perhaps

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:43 pm

That bug looks extremely familiar.
I remember getting that same error while I was working on QSD code.
Can't remember exactly what fixed it but I know the bug wasn't actually in this bit of code at all. I'm pretty sure it turned out to be some kind of config error. Damn... it was a long time ago. sorry I can't be more help here. All i can tell you is that it compiles for me just as it is.

I think the linker error is because the change you made makes it fail to fit the template from one of the lib files that it's loading

[ABE] actually no. Your linker failure has nothing to do with this bit of code at all really. besides it's not really a template issue
that > does look a bit out of place there in the middle of a print command
it could be a bitshift though......
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby adosorken on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:51 pm

It's not a huge deal, as I can just use the binary that you built, but I did want to see if I could build from source anyway to see if there were any potential issues I could detect or help out with.
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby adosorken on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:58 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:that > does look a bit out of place there in the middle of a print command

I figured it was a line carry, as the whole command carries over to line 84 right after the >. I just got rid of the > and put it all on one line, then fixed up the printf syntax. As for the linker error... that one's beyond me, as it's in the object code so that may be slightly harder to debug. I do know that I saw warnings that Util.sln was not found... maybe that's a hint.
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:04 pm

adosorken wrote:
PurpleYouko wrote:that > does look a bit out of place there in the middle of a print command

I figured it was a line carry, as the whole command carries over to line 84 right after the >. I just got rid of the > and put it all on one line, then fixed up the printf syntax. As for the linker error... that one's beyond me, as it's in the object code so that may be slightly harder to debug. I do know that I saw warnings that Util.sln was not found... maybe that's a hint.

Maybe that is the issue.
I know that some files that are in my complete source are not versioned in my local clone of the repo. I keep them separate so I always have a pristine working copy to go back to if I utterly break something. lol
If it is looking for some missing stuff i can always add that into the repo. Just keep a watch for anything that's missing and let me know.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Raven0123 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:42 pm

the linker error is because you are using the RELEASE version of the lib with the DEBUG version of the program you are compiling.

If you want to fix that you will need to recompile the lib in the config you are compile the client with.

I would recommend doing a Rebuild of everything in the config you want to work with.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Circa on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Yeah the last time PY pushed a commit, it fixed that problem.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Return to BUGS