[FIXED] Return Scrolls do not seem to function correctly

I'm sure there will be a TON of bugs discovered. List them here and we will cross them off the list as they are fixed.

[FIXED] Return Scrolls do not seem to function correctly

Postby adosorken on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:49 am

I'm standing in the clouds! :)
Last edited by adosorken on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Return Scrolls do not seem to function correctly

Postby Circa on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:24 am

Is this using what PY released today, if so cool, i kinda like you're spamming all these bugs you're finding lol.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby adosorken on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:42 pm

EDIT: OK now I get what the poster above was saying. I read it wrong. Sorry. :)
Last edited by adosorken on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evolve this!!
adosorken
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Absolutely. I want to know every bug that anybody finds.

As for return scrolls. I haven't actually tested them myself so this is helpful. The action code for these things is part of the code that I rewrote and updated from rev 81 to KTRose style. It may not be properly optimized yet.

So is this the result of using an Adventurers plains return scroll? You end up in the ocean? Can't say I'm all that surprised. chances are that the coordinates for the scroll are set up for the wrong map version.
Wait.. That's not the ocean is it? that's outside the map altogether in the place we always used to call Oblivion :D There were so many places in the original maps where we could get out there. I used to make it my mission to find them all. lol

let's track it through.
First off I will look at the entry for the return scroll in LIST_USEITEMS.STB. It's item number 350 (in case you didn't already know that)
In the "Requirement2" column it has the number 3151. this is the line number of teh skill that it activates in LIST_SKILL,STB so let's go look at that
return scroll skills.jpg

So as we can see it points to map 1 with coordinates X=525, Y=525
From your image, that's pretty close to where you are so yeah.... it's working exactly as it should. We just have some values in the STB that are all kinds of WRONG. lol
I suspect that STB might be using data from KTRose. I will modify it and upload it to the server repo.

Would you mind finding the correct coordinates for me? The scroll should take you to the middle of the circle in the town in AP.
I don't have time to run up my own server to check it right now

[ABE] Wait... Don't bother. I've figured out the problem. All the STB numbers are small 3 digit or lower while all the locations used in the worldserver are typically longer 4 digit numbers. The adventurers plains respawn position from the list_respawnpoints.sql table is X=5240 Y=5189. I think I might have forgotten to apply a 10X correction to the STB data in my code. oops :D
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to BUGS