KTRose Source code release

New forum to discuss KTRose code

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

KTRose Source code release

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:22 pm

As I promised a while ago, Here is the release of all things KTRose

The KTRose client is available here. It is a modified version of the pre-evo 112_112 client.
the 112 is the only client that will work with this server unless you make some pretty big changes.

This version is the most up to date.
KT-Rose Updated 2015

IMPORTANT When you first run it, make sure to run triggerdetect.exe before you start up the game.
A lot of people have reported that they do not see NPC dialog if they skip this step.

I've just uploaded the entire source (and binaries) along with all the sql data you will need to an svn repository.
All the necessary AIP, STB and QSD files are in the server already and if you run the KTRose launcher before trying to run the client on your own server, you will be able to download all the patches that will bring your client up to the newest revision so that all the files will match properly.

The repository is here
https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/ktrose-source/
Just type that into Tortoise SVN and check it out

What is KTRose?
KTRose started out as an OsProse but over the years it has been modified extensively.

Differences:

The Quest system is stored completely differently in the database.
In previous versions the data was saved as a binary BLOB dump of the memory space currently used by the player's quest data. This is a perfectly good method and is in fact a lot more efficient than my new system. The problem is that you can't read the data from the QSL table directly so it's hard to debug problems in the quest code.
KTRose quest data is saved in a way that makes it much easier to read directly from the database so you can edit player's quests directly if you know what you are doing.

Storage and Inventory are stored very differently than any other Osrose server has ever been.
I never really liked the way that on saving the player data, it first had to delete all inventory and storage entries for that player from the database before re-writing them all. It seemed a bit risky to temporarily have no data whatsoever stored in the database. If the server should fail at this point then everything would be lost.
With this new system, the entire inventory of a player is stored in a single row of the database so it can be quickly updated on the fly with a single query.

KTPoint system. This is a reward point system that can be used for many purposes including points for donations and points for time logged in to the server (1 per hour maybe? it's configurable easily enough).
The accounts table has a new field called "newpoints". You can add reward points into this field at any time directly in the database. There is not even any need for the player to log out. The next time he looks at his KTPoint totals (in the unions tab) it will be updated automatically.
KTPoints are available to ALL characters within a specific account and will remain so until one of the characters spends the pints in an in-game item shop such as the one run by Keako in adventurers plains (a new NPC that I added for this specific purpose)
The points work as Union Points to all intents and purposes.
You may want to modify things like the name of the name of the custom Union that is set to use these KTPoints. My custom Union is called KuroTejina ^_^

Drops Are diferent.
The PYDrops (and database) code is still present but the default method is now called NewDrops. It is a method more similar to the way that NARose does it.
I have even included an Excel based drops editor in the svn so you can change stuff any time you like.

Spawns:
Where to start?
KTRose spawns are nothing like any other osrose server.
The spawn system uses table list_special_spawns as a default. It's a somewhat complicated system that keeps track of the number of monsters spawned and killed in every spawn area. these values (stored inside the spawn structure) are then used to trigger specific other spawns such as a boss which could be someplace else in the map entirely. For example you could set up an enormous spawn of jelly beans that covers a massive area and has up to 100 jellys present at any one time then you could set your trigger spawn such that when 50 have been killed it will spawn a single Boss monster or a special monster that gives high exp such as a riddler. This special doe not have to be set within the original spawn area. It can be half a map away if you like.
You can also directly control whether a monster can spawn in the day, night or both. Monsters that are day or night only will automatically be deleted when the day chages to night or vice versa.
Spawns can be added on the fly with a GM command. (more on that later if requested)

Tower defense system:
Unfortunately this has never been completed to the point of being fully automated and added to QSD/CON quest system
What we have so far is that a GM can start a stream of monsters (any type and amount he likes) with a command.
The monsters will start from a predetermined waypoint and will procede along a path of waypoints until they reach the final point where they will disappear.
These monsters will be immune to AOE attacks to prevent high level players coming in and wiping them all out.
Here is the eventual aim for this unfinished project.
The idea is that on death they will remove a "life point" from a target NPC. A summoned crystal would do. When the crystal's HP reaches zero then it will switch to a different type of NPC such as a very powerful boss monster which must then be killed in order to reset the crystal for that map.
The motivation?
While the crystal is intact (under player command) then the XP for the entire map can be increased by a multiplier. This will go away when the crystal is destroyed.
Every map (on Junon) has a defined waypoint list in list already present in the list_waypoints sql table. Haven't done Luna yet and pre-evo doesn't even include Eldeon yet.
As with most other things I do, I like to make GM commands for everything so we have a series of commands that will allow a GM (admin really since it requires 900 access rather than the typical GM 300) to create or remove waypoints on the fly within any given map

Known bugs
There seems to be a bug somewhere that locks up the entire server occasionally. I haven't fully tracked it down but I suspect it is something related to clans. It doesn't crash. It just locks. My server would run for days or weeks with multiple players without an issue then suddenly, BAM! it all locks up.

Timings:
Attack timing is still a little buggy.

Cart speeds:
This one is weird. normal carts are fine but when using the faster custom carts, you appear to going really fast on your own screen but others see you going at a snails pace then teloporting. Something funky there but I haven't figured out what yet. All the STB speeds and stuff look fine.

Cart passengers
When you pick up a passenger you can drive around within a certain area and see them on the back.
They, however see you drive away without them.
Once you get beyond visibility range your passenger will vanish.
Shouldn't be too hard to fix this. Just never got around to it.

Well that's about it.
Just follow on of the other tutorials to set it up.
Compiles in Dev c++ or codeblocks

Ask any questions you like in this thread and post any bug fixes in the bug fixes sub forum
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Re: KTRose Source code release

Postby JediOfFreeSoftRSA on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:40 am

Thanks for this release of your server and client PY :D
Everything runs like a dream without any warnings ect.. I'm just strugling to setup it in a LAN enviroment as the server config files does not include the LAN and SUBMASK options. I will check the code later tonight to see if it's even in the code else I will just have to add it. My dev 2 and the latest dev 4 from Thriel don't have any problems in my W/LAN setup. :P Will get it to work later tonight. Once again many thanks. :mrgreen:
JediOfFreeSoftRSA
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby rl2171 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:50 am

JediOfFreeSoftRSA wrote:Thanks for this release of your server and client PY :D
Everything runs like a dream without any warnings ect.. I'm just strugling to setup it in a LAN enviroment as the server config files does not include the LAN and SUBMASK options. I will check the code later tonight to see if it's even in the code else I will just have to add it. My dev 2 and the latest dev 4 from Thriel don't have any problems in my W/LAN setup. :P Will get it to work later tonight. Once again many thanks. :mrgreen:

Mine works just fine without the lan and submask ones.

Just put in the server ip or address (like ktrose.dnsdns.org)

So far I don't see any spawns in any of the clan fields, do you see them in there?
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby Ultra on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks!
Hope now there will have more developers in OSProse section :P
Maybe i will make some mirrors of the client and put it in the Client Downloads topic by me :)

[EDIT]
Everything works fine but i cant register from the dynasty cms.. it says falied...
Also cant with auto-register like in osirose...
Ultra
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm

I doubt that any existing DNS will work since the database has been changed a lot from standard configuration.
The basic account and character tables should be more or less the same but beyond that, not so much.

The biggest differences are in the formats for storage, inventory and quests

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby JediOfFreeSoftRSA on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 am

Ultra wrote:Everything works fine but i cant register from the dynasty cms.. it says falied...
Also cant with auto-register like in osirose...

Check this link http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5356&start=60
JediOfFreeSoftRSA
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby JediOfFreeSoftRSA on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:03 am

Well I did manage to to get my W/Lan working as it was in the code but just commented out due to a few errors there, subnet ect. but I did fix that part. Now all my PC's are connected to the server without any problems allthough I did get a few extra errors when I recompile the world server " wrong lib's use 2 and not the first set ;) "but now it's running OK. Will check out all the nice goodies in this build and try to fix the ingame IM shop in AP. BTW that's a what I'm doing with dev 2 atm. :D
JediOfFreeSoftRSA
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 pm

The tricky thing with the in-game item mall shop is that using union points means that for a player to view the shop he has to be a member of the correct union first.
I attempted to get around this by having my NPC change the union affiliation of the player with QSD.
That part worked OK
Then we have to change it back though and that is where it gets really awkward.
I stored the player's original Union ID in one of the open Union slots as a Union point value so that we would always have a permanent reference to it.
Physically changing the Union affiliation is easy.
The problem is that the CON file closes the NPC dialog out when you enter the shop window so there is no available QSD trigger to switch unions back.

I never did get this fully working.
I ended up adding a secondary dialog to Keako to allow the option for the player to ask her to change him back to his original union. That worked but it was never really satisfactory.

A better solution would be to use an area trigger surrounding Keako so that as soon as you leave the shop it will activate and switch back to original union.
Another possibility would be to add a little code to all map warps so that it checks if the player is in the wrong Union and switches them back.
Other ways would be to place Keako in a miniature map such as the ones used in Union shops in Junon Polis in the later evo clients. That way we could fix a QSD trigger to leaving the shop area.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Ultra on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:20 pm

In-Game have item mall ? o.O
Also i have fix my problem ...
i have create new acc from the navicat but still cant from dynasty cms...
Ultra
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Circa on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 pm

@Ultra PY answered your question I think that you can't use the cms to create accounts. Also, this is for a pre-evo server, and unless there is a custom client involved doubt there is an item mall ingame. Not sure, but using this you won't have to worry about packets, so that means most bugs can be fixed in the server source code.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Next

Return to KTRose Release