[FIX] - Statpoints as quest rewards.

If you want to help us or give some corrections / codes, put it here :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

[FIX] - Statpoints as quest rewards.

Postby FransK on Wed May 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi,

Recently i picked up some development on the OSiRose server part (for old-times-sake). Although i'm not a C++ programmer, i can recode it without problems.

Problem Description
i Noticed that the tutorial quest does not returns the damn 10 statpoins. It looks like the code was not implemented.

In \World Server\quest\QuestActions.cpp replace this at line 273

1. case sStatPoints:
  2.             if (!OperateValues<int>(curAbil->btOp, (int*)&client->CharInfo->StatPoints, curAbil->iValue))
  3.                 return QUEST_FAILURE;
  4.                 break;

with
  2. case sStatPoints:
  3.             if (!OperateValues<int>(curAbil->btOp, (int*)&client->CharInfo->StatPoints, curAbil->iValue))
  4.                 return QUEST_FAILURE;
  6.             // FJMK -- Begin Code
  7.             // May 2013
  8.             // Quest Rewards Statpoins Implementation
  9.             RESETPACKET( pak, 0x720 );
  10.             ADDWORD( pak, 32 );
  11.             ADDWORD( pak, curAbil->iValue );
  12.             ADDWORD( pak, 0 );
  13.             client->client->SendPacket( &pak );
  15.             server->SendPM(client, "[Quest Reward] You reveived %i statpoints.", curAbil->iValue);
  16.             // FJMK -- End Code
  17.             break;

After this, recompile worldserver.exe.
you can remove the server->SendPM if you want, it's not important but provides some feedback.

regards,
Frans.
life's too short to complain.
FransK
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Re: [FIX] - Statpoints as quest rewards.

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Thu May 09, 2013 1:11 am

Hey hey hey !
Thanks for your input,this change will be added to the SVN.

Should be implanted within a week (I've been gone from the project since more than 2 years and just got back a week ago so i need some time to figure which SVN to use :p )
If you want to make your own revision in the future just ask me,we'll make you an account so you can make your releases easily.

Btw if i can suggest you something that would be to work on osprose since iRose was pretty much swallowed by Arcturus...
And i can't say much but i do have a big project to bring it back to the light soon... :P
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby FransK on Fri May 10, 2013 3:58 pm

XxXshidoXxX wrote:Hey hey hey !
Thanks for your input,this change will be added to the SVN.

Should be implanted within a week (I've been gone from the project since more than 2 years and just got back a week ago so i need some time to figure which SVN to use :p )
If you want to make your own revision in the future just ask me,we'll make you an account so you can make your releases easily.

Btw if i can suggest you something that would be to work on osprose since iRose was pretty much swallowed by Arcturus...
And i can't say much but i do have a big project to bring it back to the light soon... :P

Hi
I'm familiair with the Arcturus setup and i don't like it. For home & friends use it's way to heavy and personally i don't like the SQL Server requirements and lack of source code.

Personally i want to setup an original pre-evo rose client/server (with the ORO additions offcourse). Right now i'm working with the original 129 client including the oro additions, but the datafiles are pretty messed up (non-existing items, non-original quests etc etc. My wife is working on that part).

I'd be happy to check out the osprose sources. i kinda ignored it when picking the a server-source to work on, because i could not find any documentation on the differences between osi- and osprose.

This are the changes i'm working on atm in the osirose code:
- Simplification of the gmcommands. I want the server to whisper me the syntax of most commands if parameters are omitted (I can it GM-help)
- Implementation of database-driven commands for easy setting up new GM's like /GetGMGear and /GetGMSkills and /GetDriveSkills
- loads of bugfixing and implemention of most quest rewards. I'm adding more error-checking code to prevent the worldserver from crashing (make it more robust).

I posted the code above because i noticed it was mentioned in a bugreport elsewhere on the site.

Expect more code-uploads in the near future.

regards,
Frans.
life's too short to complain.
FransK
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Fri May 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi
I'm familiair with the Arcturus setup and i don't like it. For home & friends use it's way to heavy and personally i don't like the SQL Server requirements and lack of source code.

Ah ! Tell me about it,Arcturus is a real pain when you just want to have fun with your friends in a LAN.

Personally i want to setup an original pre-evo rose client/server (with the ORO additions of course). Right now i'm working with the original 129 client including the oro additions, but the datafiles are pretty messed up (non-existing items, non-original quests etc etc. My wife is working on that part).

Ahh yeah that client is pretty messed up,a long time ago me&Arnold released a 131_131 client here that was basically a 129 with the oro update and more stuff in it.
You can have it here :
http://enzeru-ro.com/downloads/rose/osr ... _Fixed.zip

This is the 131_131 client that arnold and me made with some addition by Raven (another osirose dev)

I'd be happy to check out the osprose sources. i kinda ignored it when picking the a server-source to work on, because i could not find any documentation on the differences between osi- and osprose.

Well to give you an insight osirose died a bit after the release of Arcturus,we kinda lost the motivation to do it and Osprose was born.
Osprose is more developed than osirose and contains pretty interesting stuff,you can find it here :

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5393 (this one is the version purple made after the osprose project kinda slowed down,it contains his own way of seeing things and some pretty sick concept )

https://osprose-official.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ this one is the osprose that was published before the purple release (it has a different way of codding)

Since packet wise and gameplay wise Pre-evo and iRose aren't that different i believe you could use some stuff that osprose did to make your work easier.

Btw since i couldn't get a grip on lmame i decided to create a new SVN
https://osirosenew.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
That way i can add you as a staff member (and the others if they are still here) and you will be able to auto-commit your changes (just send me your google account by PM ) and make a thread about it in the main section.
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Return to Submit Code