KTRose Source code release

New forum to discuss KTRose code

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: KTRose Source code release

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:36 pm

I noticed a KTRose NPC at Adventure Plains. What the heck is my rose version? O_O

You found my little representative Keako :D
She was an experiment in adding NPCs and quests. She has a couple of custom quests on her as well as a method to join my custom Kurotejina Union which allows you to enter the union shop that she runs.
As for version number. It's pre-evo 112. The whole KTRose project was built around it.

My website was last updated about a year ago so it's not current with the new NARose but is synced to the version that was there at that time. A much different version than used a KTRose. In fact a completely different incarnation of rose
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby NewMilenium on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:16 pm

PurpleYouko :!:
I'm glad to see an answer from you.

Yes, I noticed other posts of you where you explain we can set some points earnt with time passing so that that NPC rewards players.

So, please answer some blind man questions, I'm no good at code nor compiling, but I've done tons of efforts to organize that mess and have things I'd like working. (I even installed VisualStudio just to recompile the first rose server, and sadly noticed... it was only for CodeBlocks. Trying to go round that ended in no result, painfully.)

1) Isn't your website that different version of rose with those skills we can see in your signature? The updated rose with better working HP server-client synchronization, easier editing for items and drops, etc?
2) a) if yes to "1)", what client should I use with it?
2) b) if no to "1)", is that version accessible? Should I ask nicely or help you with something so you help me in return? I have a few fields of knowledge ;)
3) If I have to give up on this different ROSE, then I must work with that first working server I've done, the one with boring skills. Then, any idea why the map-specific drops do never drop? The database entries seem to be ignored. After extensive tests, the database IS used, but the values are absurd. The chance to drop an equippable is like 1/100000, and for a blue you'd better play loto in real life.
so, 3) any idea where I can be sure of what to write at the "Driver" line of your new_drops.xls, so I can fix the values of the drop chances? It seems unhuman without Excel here.

edit : I think I understand now what confused me : some things on this forum are always showing up, whatever the subforum we're on.
I just got to figure out what client & what server versions are the ones that interest me, the ones with the good skills. If I get it right, they are the NArose version you're talking about. Especially since the official NArose website is showing a link to your KT website. Except I have no idea how to download that NArose client of 2015 - and I think I got the server working already thanks to your repo.

If I'm wrong and I misunderstood again, please correct me.
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 pm

your answers are as follows

1) Isn't your website that different version of rose with those skills we can see in your signature? The updated rose with better working HP server-client synchronization, easier editing for items and drops, etc?

in short NO. It isn't easier to work with and they never did get the jumping HP bar fixed, even on the official NARose game it happens some times. It's definitely NOT easier to edit stuff and in point of fact we can no longer even make any servers work at all with the newest versions of NARose client.
My website was designed for players of NARose, not for people who want to make their own servers.

I think that answers questions 2a and 2b also :)

3) If I have to give up on this different ROSE, then I must work with that first working server I've done, the one with boring skills. Then, any idea why the map-specific drops do never drop? The database entries seem to be ignored. After extensive tests, the database IS used, but the values are absurd. The chance to drop an equippable is like 1/100000, and for a blue you'd better play loto in real life.

It shouldn't be quite that hard to get drops.
I don't actually remember the drops method that I used in that server. I have written so many different alternative methods over the years lol

The skills really do need to be balanced properly in KTRose. I started doing them and got it finished for Soldiers at least. I even added a button to display the skill trees and added a load of graphical files for the trees too. Sadly the other classes still need to be sorted out
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby NewMilenium on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks a lot!
I'll do with that KTrose version then. Especially since all my tries to find the good NArose client for the other server failed miserably.
First : fixing the drops. Then : I'll see how to modify the skills to try to put the skills of the NArose...

I'm at fixing the drops. I'm trying to create a SQL query... damn SQL...
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Previous

Return to KTRose Release