Changing Rev4 Char Position on Login

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Changing Rev4 Char Position on Login

Postby Tsuki on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:54 pm

I've been trying to change the character position on the login screen of a rev4 client. After looking through these forums and Ragezone, the most I could find is this is now stored inside Trose and no longer controlled by the LUA files. After hours of looking through Trose I couldn't find it. So I've come here looking for help.

The login I'm testing is this one.
https://i.imgur.com/v0KtL0M.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g60kQE4.jpg

While it would be cool to make the original set up work where your chars appear on the pedestals, I understand that may not be possible and I'm only hoping for the character to appear like it does in Rev4. I have included a version of the Rev4 Trose. While it's not the one I'm using, it is one of the previous versions I used. Any help you can provide is appreciated, but honestly I'm hoping for a full tutorial on how to do this xD.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attachments
TRose.rar
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 578 times
Tsuki
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Re: Changing Rev4 Char Position on Login

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:17 pm

This isn't hard coded in the client as far as I am aware.

It's all controlled by the XML and stuff that you will find in 3ddata/control/folder. Some of it is even saved as cut scenes or mini movies.
Have a look in the pre-evo or irose clients where it does what you want I believe.

It's not an area where I am extremely experienced to be honest but I'm pretty sure it's doable without getting into recoding trose which is something we could only do using the 137 client anyway.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 am

As far as IROSE is, character positions are hardcoded in the client. It's in one of the login state classes.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Tsuki on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 am

Doesn't appear to be in the XMLs. If it is then I can't find it. Since I switched the cameras but it's the same map ID I've been looking for coordinates. Used cheatengine before on the old map and cameras to get the coordinates of the character (don't remember what they were right now). It seems like they were addresses from the renderer, however when I searched for the X, Y coor in hex there was no results.

The post that claimed it's all in Trose was this one. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5114
Tsuki
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Tsuki on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:49 am

Raven0123 wrote:As far as IROSE is, character positions are hardcoded in the client. It's in one of the login state classes.

Do you have any idea where it might be in Rev4?
Tsuki
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:50 am

Tsuki wrote:Doesn't appear to be in the XMLs. If it is then I can't find it. Since I switched the cameras but it's the same map ID I've been looking for coordinates. Used cheatengine before on the old map and cameras to get the coordinates of the character (don't remember what they were right now). It seems like they were addresses from the renderer, however when I searched for the X, Y coor in hex there was no results.

The post that claimed it's all in Trose was this one. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5114

Err there are 2 places. there is a lua file and a spot in trose. Last I checked trose ignored the lua file when it came to the spawn points

EDIT: Not lua it's in INIT_AVATAR.STB
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:51 am

Tsuki wrote:
Raven0123 wrote:As far as IROSE is, character positions are hardcoded in the client. It's in one of the login state classes.

I need to check the code again to find where it is. I know it was in the exe because I had changed it to be like how NA currently displays their characters.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Tsuki on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:16 am

Raven0123 wrote:
Tsuki wrote:

I need to check the code again to find where it is. I know it was in the exe because I had changed it to be like how NA currently displays their characters.

If you can check when you have time it would be very much appreciated.
Tsuki
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Tsuki on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Still working on this if anyone knows anything.
Tsuki
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Mello on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:59 am

It is hardcoded in client, there are two sections managing it, gamestatelogin and another I can't remember from top of my head.
Hex editing trose for this will get you in lots of troubles I guess.
Mello
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Return to Client Editing Question Zone