TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Whatever you want to talk :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
You can talk about just whatever you want here.

Re: TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE MY OWN IROSE SERVER PLEASE

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 pm

I can't even imagine how much you're facepalming all the time - really thanks for your effort.
Just downloaded the right files you were linking.

only a little bit. I still remember how difficult it was to get started with this project when I went through it all about 10 years ago.
Adding a table is suggested to be made with xampp right?

no not really.
xampp is a service that runs MySQL and apache so that you can access your database and also use web based tools on localhost (127.0.0.1)
What it doesn't do is actually manage your database tables. For that you need a database manager such as PHPMyAdmin or Navicat.
PHPMyAdmin is a free web based utility that comes with xampp. After running xampp you can open any web browser and type in localhost (or 127.0.0.1)/phpmyadmin into the url bar.

So assuming you use PHPMyAdmin you can set up your database tables from there by importing those sql files that you listed. If you have ever used a web portal page to manage a website's database you will be familiar with PHPMyAdmin. They all use it.
I don't know how you would do it with Navicat since I don't use it. It costs money to buy it so that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned

And do I have to run/start all 5 programs before I do it?

5??
You only need to run xampp then open PHPMyAdmin in your web browser. No other programs needed to manage your database.

I double clicked the three files you mentioned. But I am not sure what to do next.

I beg to differ. lol
judging by the image that you posted, you double clicked on loginservr.cpp, charserver.cpp and worldserver.cpp.
Those are NOT the files that I said to click. :D
I said .cbp NOT .cpp
.cbp is a codeblocks project file
.cpp is a C++ source code file

once you actually open a codeblocks project (for example loginserver.cbp) it will load a couple of dozen files into a new instance of CodeBlocks
From there you can compile the loginserver. If all goes well this will create an executable named loginserver.exe

If all doesn't go well then you probably screwed something up horribly. Don't worry about it. Just let us know what went wrong, give as much detail as possible and we will take it from there. :mrgreen:
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Kroneus on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:15 pm

I actually was searching in the wrong folder. The .cbp files were in the binary folder, I was searching in a seperate char server / login server / world server folder. So, as you said, I double clicked all three of them: success.

How can I compile them into loginserver.exe right now?
Plus I am not sure if it matters but once I double clicked LoginServer displayed in the picture above in CodeBlocks (out of curiosity what will happen) I received the following error message:

Progess on phpMyAdmin: I uploaded 18 .sql files.

Is there a specific order to do so? I tried severall ways, drag and drop them all at once or one by one. Sometimes I get an error/fail message while others files are successfully "uploaded"?

("Fehlgeschlagen" is the german word for failure btw.)
Kroneus
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:08 pm

The one that failed isn't anything useful. I don't even recognize it to be honest.
There are a bunch of useless sql tables in there as well as the good ones.

The compiler error is telling you that you don't have codeblocks configured properly
take a look at This Tutorial to see how to set up codeblocks properly
It's an old one and it's for a specific server version but the methods are still exactly the same for setting everything up.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Kroneus on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:49 pm

III°) Download CodeBlocks and its plugins
IV°) build the source code:

V°) Install the database and setup your server .conf files and IPs:

Everything worked perfectly until I reached the database part.
I don't need to use navicat and I got mysql within xampp. So, I wanted to start xampp in order to jump into phpmyadmin. Which worked great yesterday, now I am getting this message.

Kroneus
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:42 pm

did you by any chance install xampp as a service? if so then it would already be running in the background as soon as you boot up your PC. That would give an error, possibly of this kind.
When you first installed it, chances are you did not reboot your PC so it would have required a manual start.
Today it could be running already. :D

I always avoid installing it as a service simply because I want to minimize the number of programs that run in the background. i already have enough of the darn things without xampp.
There is nothing wrong with running it as a service. i just like to have control over stuff.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Kroneus on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:16 am

Thank you so much for your effort but just one quick follow up question since I got stuck at another part.
Wouldn't it be much faster for both of us to just skype and/or use teamviewer? Every step I take requires multiple questions here and I don't wanna waste much more of your time, plus I wanna play too. :lol:
Kroneus
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:43 pm

yes it would be a lot quicker but unfortunately not possible.
All my development stuff is on my work computer which I only get to access from monday to friday while I'm at work.
I can't skype or use anything like team viewer from there since I work in a nuclear research reactor and the whole computer system is under a department of defense firewall. Direct connections to outside computer systems are strictly prohibited.

The best I can do is use something like slack for instant communication since it is a website.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hoegarden31 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Hello PurpleYouko,

On the first page of this topic you posted a link to here : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5871&hilit=rev+whatever
and say that is evolution server... So i went to your GitHub page and downloaded the server and the client from the link in that discussion...
Now after setting everything up. I ran the client on got what i think is pre-evo.
Am I missing something ? Doesn't Evolution use that fancy itemmall stuff and looks different ?
I'm the one and only. In heaven and on earth.
hoegarden31
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:43 pm

The mechanisms and stuff are all evo even though it looks kind of strange.
You are seeing the startup sequence inside a pyramid right? all mummies and stuff?
The server (which may be labelled KTRose) is actually a highly modified version of dev rev 2

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hoegarden31 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 pm

No... I see normal tree house loading screen :/ Looks like I got the wrong stuff xD
I'm the one and only. In heaven and on earth.
hoegarden31
Rackie
Rackie

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever