osIROSE Project Status [4/25/2017] (in development )

Welcome in the osiRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: osIROSE Project Status [9/26/2016]

Postby Raven0123 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Updated the first post.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Re: osIROSE Project Status [4/25/2017]

Postby Sdaak on Fri May 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Hey guys, just letting you know that i'm checking the hub from time to time and it seems you've got quite a good advancement.

Also the way the code is made is quite understandable (even for lesser codders) , keep up the good work.
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby L3nn0x on Sun May 07, 2017 2:06 am

Hey Sdaak!

Thanks a lot for your input! I know the code base is messy, I started working on documentation but nothing fancy yet...

Sorry for the lack of updates, but we do continue working on the project :D

Cheers!
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Head16 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello,
What is the project status?
Head16
Little soul
Little soul

Postby L3nn0x on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Hey,

Sorry about the lack of updates, we've had a working build for a few weeks now but we wanted to redo the build system before publishing, so it's easier to compile and test on your side :)

Right now we have a working map server where you can walk around, talk to other people and make parties. You can also change your equipment. We've mostly worked on implementing a new networking system, revamping the message queue and corrected lots of bugs.

Big changes are about to come though, with the newest branch integrating lua for scripting and the item database! It's still very much a WIP, but soon you'll be able to spawn items and try them out ;)

That's all for now, but stay tuned for the next update :mrgreen:
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Circa on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Awesome!
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby Sdaak on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:31 pm

L3nn0x wrote:Hey,

Sorry about the lack of updates, we've had a working build for a few weeks now but we wanted to redo the build system before publishing, so it's easier to compile and test on your side :)

Right now we have a working map server where you can walk around, talk to other people and make parties. You can also change your equipment. We've mostly worked on implementing a new networking system, revamping the message queue and corrected lots of bugs.

Big changes are about to come though, with the newest branch integrating lua for scripting and the item database! It's still very much a WIP, but soon you'll be able to spawn items and try them out ;)

That's all for now, but stay tuned for the next update :mrgreen:

Neat ! definitively checking this out
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Sdaak on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Aye, i must be doing something wrong.
I tried to build the "lua_integration" branche since it seems to be the one you guys are working on right now.

Cmake worked and it generated my SLN files.
When i opened it Visual studio pointed the fact that osiroseDatabase.h couldn't be opened ( E1696 ) It should be inside osIROSE-new\src\core\include if i'm not mistaken but it actually isn't.

Tried compiling anyways but it failed.
Just wondering if i'm doing something wrong or if this branch is actually special.
Cheers.
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby L3nn0x on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks for checking out the project!

Yeah the lua integration branch is currently the one I'm working on, but it's mostly architecture wise (and almost done, I can't wait to do something new ;) ).

To answer your question, you probably don't have python 3 installed. The missing header file is generated from the SQL file using a python script. Try that and don't hesitate to come on gutter, we are much more responsive there! https://gitter.im/dev-osrose/osIROSE
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Sdaak on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:48 pm

L3nn0x wrote:Thanks for checking out the project!

Yeah the lua integration branch is currently the one I'm working on, but it's mostly architecture wise (and almost done, I can't wait to do something new ;) ).

To answer your question, you probably don't have python 3 installed. The missing header file is generated from the SQL file using a python script. Try that and don't hesitate to come on gutter, we are much more responsive there! https://gitter.im/dev-osrose/osIROSE

That indeed seems to have been an issue with Python, osiroseDatabase.h now generates.

Correct me if i'm wrong but pthread is only used with linux right ? I get a few warnings about it when running cmake ( telling me it can't find it ). I still get some errors but i'll try working around them first.
I'll contact you if i still can't make it work.
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsiRose Emulator