Offline Server

Guides for osRose and osiRose (compilation / setup)...

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Offline Server

Postby Luke on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm

How to have offline server i mean got a computer offline and server with that will be online..
Always i must use 3 server's to get online a server? I mean on line worldserver.exe, loginserver.exe and charserver.exe? I wanna online this 3x server's with offline computer, thank's !
Luke
Rackie
Rackie

Re: Offline Server

Postby L3nn0x on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Not sure what you are trying to do, but by definition an offline computer cannot be online. If you mean you want to run the server locally (i.e not on the internet but on your local network - only the devices on your WiFi network will be able to use it), then use your local IP address in the config files.
You need to have the 3 running programs (loginserver, charserver, mapserver) to have a working server. Otherwise you won't be able to do anything. The loginserver is required for login in, the charserver is required to create and select characters and channels/worlds and the mapserver is required to run the game.
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Re: Offline Server

Postby Bless on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:11 pm

I'm quite sure you are talking about a VPS which is basically a virtual server you can connect through remote desktop connection and it's something you can buy from companies that sell dedicated server or virtual private servers, this allows you to run your server on a stable PC and without shutting it down at all.
Bless
Pomic
Pomic

Return to osRose / osiRose Guides