Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Here you can talk about anything you want ;)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:27 am

Hey guys, its been a few years since my last visit here and on the rose world in general.
Browsing around i found out that Arua rose actually managed to create a battle royale mode which seems quite fun.

Did any of you have the chance to try it and would be nice enough to give some feedback ? I have an account there but i can never manage to try it since there's never anyone in queue...


PS : So good to see many familiar faces still working on various projects :D Its been more than 12 years and you're still here <3
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:44 am

Re: Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby L3nn0x on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:00 am

Welcome back!

I haven't tried it yet but I don't think it's a good idea. Rose has always been a pve oriented game, with slow and steady combats. A battle royale calls for messy and fast escarmouches. You can't really snipe people from afar, you can't really ambush people and while you're battling you're mostly static which means that the game is probably going to be resource gathering at the begining then a big battle in the middle at the end. The one with the more potions wins (or better equipment).

I might be mistaken though, so I'd love to hear about it as well :)
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby Armii on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:20 pm

It's been out since December so you're a bit late to the party. What is it specifically you're wanting to know about it?

L3nn0x wrote:... the game is probably going to be resource gathering at the begining then a big battle in the middle at the end. The one with the more potions wins (or better equipment).


You mean like... Battle Royale? The whole premise of the Battle Royale game mode is resource gathering and battling til the end.
Armii
Little soul
Little soul
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:39 am

Armii wrote:It's been out since December so you're a bit late to the party. What is it specifically you're wanting to know about it?

L3nn0x wrote:... the game is probably going to be resource gathering at the begining then a big battle in the middle at the end. The one with the more potions wins (or better equipment).


You mean like... Battle Royale? The whole premise of the Battle Royale game mode is resource gathering and battling til the end.


Well i want to know how did it take place excalty ? How did it go, was the action fluid ? was it fun ?
Were there buggs ? Were the new maps good looking, does the concept translate well to rose or was it pretty awkward ?

While i agree with l3nn0x about rose not being PvP oriented i find the concept and the realization to be really cool, and who are we to complain about more content ?
Speaking of content i see Jrose implanted a new planets with a bunch of new monsters
http://roseonline.wikiwiki.jp/?Area%2FK ... A%E8%C3%CF
I would really like to try if Jrose wasn't so laggy :/
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:44 am

Re: Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby Armii on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:56 pm

XxXshidoXxX wrote:Well i want to know how did it take place excalty ? How did it go, was the action fluid ? was it fun ?
Were there buggs ? Were the new maps good looking, does the concept translate well to rose or was it pretty awkward ?


I had some gameplay recorded during beta and release but I think Twitch has long deleted them. Gameplay was great, the actual mechanics made for it fixed a lot of complaints originating from other Game Arenas (i.e. camping). It's essentially a game within a game - everyone starts completely equal, doesn't matter if they're Level 10 or 200, played for 1 month or 10 years or have the worst or best equipment. The mechanics mimic the 'real' Battle Royale game mode with the MMO twist - looting, playable area size reduction, storm movement, equipment, potions, skills, whatever else. The PvP action in the game mode can't be compared to 'normal' PvP in ROSE - it isn't a skill/potion spam fest because it simply can't be. Likewise, it can't be compared to PUBG/Fortnite (which in themselves are completely different takes on Battle Royale) aside from base mechanics.

There were plenty of bugs and suggestions (Battle Royale specific changes are at the bottom of patch notes: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5) since release.

The Game Arena Seasons are being revamped and preparing for a Battle Royale contest so feel free to try a few rounds if you're online when one starts, but most are waiting for that. We also arrange games on Discord.
Armii
Little soul
Little soul
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:25 am

Armii wrote:
XxXshidoXxX wrote:Well i want to know how did it take place excalty ? How did it go, was the action fluid ? was it fun ?
Were there buggs ? Were the new maps good looking, does the concept translate well to rose or was it pretty awkward ?


I had some gameplay recorded during beta and release but I think Twitch has long deleted them. Gameplay was great, the actual mechanics made for it fixed a lot of complaints originating from other Game Arenas (i.e. camping). It's essentially a game within a game - everyone starts completely equal, doesn't matter if they're Level 10 or 200, played for 1 month or 10 years or have the worst or best equipment. The mechanics mimic the 'real' Battle Royale game mode with the MMO twist - looting, playable area size reduction, storm movement, equipment, potions, skills, whatever else. The PvP action in the game mode can't be compared to 'normal' PvP in ROSE - it isn't a skill/potion spam fest because it simply can't be. Likewise, it can't be compared to PUBG/Fortnite (which in themselves are completely different takes on Battle Royale) aside from base mechanics.



There were plenty of bugs and suggestions (Battle Royale specific changes are at the bottom of patch notes: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5) since release.

The Game Arena Seasons are being revamped and preparing for a Battle Royale contest so feel free to try a few rounds if you're online when one starts, but most are waiting for that. We also arrange games on Discord.


That does sounds fun, i'll pop up in the discord.
Thanks mate.
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:44 am

Re: Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Wed May 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Fyi ( not that anyone cares ) but i finally got a chance to try it and it was really cool.

Fun, fresh,exiting,buggless. it felt like the first real new piece of original content rose got in years !
Tip of the hat to anyone who was involved in its development.
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:44 am

Re: Anyone tried the arua-rose battle royale ?

Postby ElvinStrawhat on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Its been a while i played this game. aura-rose is my first server i play with my friend its so nice game.


brass knuckle
ElvinStrawhat
Little soul
Little soul
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:39 pm


Return to Welcome to the bar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest